3

Mrs. Anker suddenly received a call. She picked up and listened for a few minutes. On the other end, there was a voice that Xandria couldn't make out. It was probably none of her business anyway.

"Ok, I'll be there at once!", the woman promised and hung up, then turned to her niece, "I have to go now, there's an emergency at work. Wish your friend happy birthday from me too when you arrive in Sigtuna. Have fun, take care!"

"Thanks!"

A few seconds later, the door was slammed shut. Xandria was left all alone in her cousin's living room. Speaking of which, Ianthe had better be home soon because the train was leaving in less than two hours and she had stuff to pack.

Eventually, the younger cousin showed up with her arms full of paper bags. So she'd been grocery shopping all this time.

"What the fuck have you been doing until now?", Xandria enquired, "And why the fuck didn't you answer your phone? D'you keep it in your butt or something?"

"Sorry, my arms were full.", Ianthe apologised, pointing towards the bags she'd just put on the table, "Mom had me buy a shitload of stuff."

Scanning the heavy-looking paperbags, the older girl pursed her lips and remarked, "Sucks."

"Whatever. Groceries don't matter now. D'you manage to make mom let me go to Stockholm?"

Xandria decided to play a small prank on Ianthe. She let her shoulders sink, making the other girl understand that bad news were about to come, and announced, "Well... I'm terribly sorry to tell you that you have about 20 minutes to pack your stuff or you're coming to Stockholm with what you have on you now and nothing more."

Ianthe widened her eyes in shock, "For real?"

"Do I not look serious enough to you?"

As soon as she processed what she'd been told, the younger girl was over the moon. She jumped on her cousin and hugged her as tight as she could. Not having expected the gesture, Xandria lost her balance and stumbled to the floor, with the other girl on top of her.

"Oh my fucking God! Thank you so, so much!", Ianthe squealed, "I love you!"

The older one hugged back laughed, "Love you too, man."

After a moment of laying on the ground in a pretty strange hugging position, Xandria got up and reached a hand to her younger cousin, warning, "I wasn't kidding about the 20 minutes though. C'mon, let's go pack!"

Ianthe's backpack was quickly done. She put the basic necessities in, then simply threw the first things she came across. Probably the only thing she took a bit of time to look for was a little black dress that she wanted to wear at the concert.

Once the second girl's baggage was finished as well, they rushed to a taxi to bring them to the railway station. At 6 o'clock, they were sitting in the departing train.

The vehicle was dashing. Since there was about an hour to go until they'd reach their destination, the older cousin put her piercings back on and dialed Elin's number, intending to announce her about the addition to their group.

"Oi, Elin, 'sup?", she spoke as soon as her friend picked up, "There's something I've gotta tell you."

"Don't you fucking dare to call it off!", Elin threatened.

"What? No! I only wanted to ask if you mind if my cousin tags along. It was her birthday on Wednesday and I wanted to surprise her with a trip to Obnoxious' gig."

"I see. Well then, you either wanted to surprise me too with another guest or came up with the ideea on the spot 'cause I don't remember you mentioning your cousin when we planned the sleepover.", she chuckled briefly after mocking her buddy.