Chapter 22 (Angela)

Percy's POV

It was well past midnight when I heard soft knocking on the door. I moved slowly, trying not to wake Nico. I walked downstairs and opened the door. Annabeth stood there.

"Hey... Can we talk?" she asked.

"What is it?" I snapped.

"No, I mean like not here. Like walk and talk?"

"Fine." I said as I shut the door.

We walked down the beach in complete silence. There were many waves and the tide came in very high. We eventually came to that huge rock cliff where me and Nico first met.

"What did you want to talk about?" I said, breaking the silence.

"I wanted to apologize."

"For what?"

"For this."

She punched me hard in the face. I stumbled back but caught myself before I could fall. I should've seen this coming. She lunged at me again and this time grabbed my arm and held it behind my back as she held her dagger at my neck.

"PERCY!"

My head snapped up. Nico. Shit he must've followed us. I figured something bad would happen, I didn't want him to get hurt.

"Nico just go back to my cabin. I'll be ok."

She pressed the blade harder against my neck. "Oh I don't think so, Seaweed Brain."

I sucked in a sharp breath. The waves were getting bigger. The icy cold water splashed high against the rock, dousing us both. I luckily stayed dry, and although Annabeth was drenched, she remained unaffected. Nico stood, unsteady, Stygian Iron sword gripped tightly in his hand. I knew he wasn't gonna leave. He took a deep breath and lowered his sword. Annabeth's grip didn't loosen one bit. Out of nowhere Nico stuck out his arm and shadows seemed to have shot through it. I felt a pain in my side, like something cutting through it. Annabeth on the other hand got full on stabbed multiple times with the things. She fell back. Taking me with her. And pushing the dagger deep into my neck.

#CLIFFHANGER

BYEE