Chapter 15

Harrison

Tonight was going to be awkward as hell. A week after I kissed Ava, Chris called Becca and made dinner plans, and of course Becca agreed to. I knew V told Chris that night because he called me pissed off, but if Chris mentioned the fact that I kissed V, it was all over. Everything between me and Becca; done. I knew Becca was cheating on me, and to be honest I didn't mind. I know how that sounds, but I currently didn't have a job, so Becca was paying for everything without even complaining about it. Plus, I figuired as long as she came home to me at the end of the night, I couldn't be that pissed. It wasn't like I hadn't cheated on her before. But it was different with Ava. Becca knew I had always had a crush on Ava, so this wouldn't kill her, it'd egnite that flame inside her. She'd kill me dead. 

We were at the resturant waiting for Ava and Chris to arrive when Becca came out and told me she thought we should break up.

"What?" I stared at her. "You can't seriously be doing this here." I looked around. 

"Harrison, I've met someone else..." She started but stopped talking when Chris and Ava walked up to the table, hand in hand. I hated to admit it, but they were a good looking couple. And the way he looked at her, I doubt I could even compare. Ava ordered herself a cosmo, her typical go to drink if she was looking to get fucked, and Chris ordered and crown and coke, a drink I knew he hated, but drank anyways to impress anyone he thought would find that impressive. 

"So what's the occasion?" Becca smiled at the happy couple. I hated her. How could she tell me she found someone new, and then suddenly act like everything was fine? Now I understand why Chris hated her for so long. 

"Well," Chris look at me, dead in the eyes. It's not like it mattered anymore. In fact, I was kind of hoping he would tell Becca I kissed Ava. It would piss her off so much. She deserved that. 

"Well?" I waited for Chris to spill it. 

"Ava and I are moving." He said. Becca and I were silent. 

"Moving?" I shook my head. "That happened fast." I said and Ava avoided making eye contact with me. 

"I mean not really. We've both always wanted to get away to the west coast, and our lease is almost up. It's perfect timing." Chris said matter-of-factly. He was so smug. Taking my girl away with him. 

"Wow," Becca smiled. "That's amazing news." She gushed. 

"Thanks, we're both excited." Ava finally said something. "I'll miss you though." She added, smiling at Becca. I knew she was lying, she was lying straight through her teeth. Ever since Becs and I got together, she had this silent resenment for her. 

"Well," Becs looked at me and then at the two across from us. "I guess nows a better time than any to say I'm actually moving too. Back to Brazil." She said and once again I was the only one who seemed bothered by it. 

"What?!" I stared at her. 

"Harry, baby, not here." She whispered. I noticed Ava ordered herself another drink. Maybe this wasn't the right time, it was too awkward. But then again, I wasn't the one who started this conversation. 

"No, Becs, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I stared at her. 

"Wait, you two aren't broken up are you?" Ava stared at us. Chris darted his eyes at Ava. She sunk in her chair. 

"Well, yeah. She told me literally second before you two sat down. She found someone new." I stared at Becca the entire time. She sighed and rubbed her temples. 

"Yes, we work together. His name is Anthony and he's from Brazil. His grandmother is sick and is moving back to be with her. He asked me to come with him, and I said yes." She told us. Everyone was silent.