The Wierdest Afternoon

Like always, its just another day. Walking down to the Team Crafted mansion, I call Jerome wondering what they were up to. "Where are you?".
" I'm on my way back. Wassup?" Jerome asks politely.
"Not much, I was wondering if you and the guys wanted to do something" I responded.
"Yeah, I guess. I have an idea of where we can go. You up for a hike?"
"Anything, as long as I don't have to stay here all day."
"Listen, I'm driving right now.  Call them and tell the guys meet us at the mansion. Also, tell them to bring their hiking gear"

~~~~~~~~A short while later~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going" ask Mitch, Adam, and Tyler, A.K.A. TheMunchingBrotato.
"I have a place I want to show you, but I'm not going to tell you what or where it is. Just prepare for a short hike" Jerome says with determination.

~~~~~~~~One hour later~~~~~~~~

"How many miles are we planing to hike? We have been out here for what feels like forever" I say in dis contempt.
"I don't exactly know, I didn't exactly time it, i just walked until i found it" Jerome replied.
Heading off with the others,  following not far behind Jerome, we arrive at a small opening inside of a rock face.
Arriving at the spooky cave, Jerome marches in like he owns the place. Everyone stops outside, and with a look at one another, we wonder what Jerome is doing.
Jerome comes walking back out and says "Are you guys coming or what?".
We enter the cave with much reluctance. We didn't want to go in because of this wierd glow from within the cave, the bundles of bones, and the deep gouges that carve paths into the stone surounding the entrance. I thought it was a bears den or something, but Jerome just turns around and marches ahead.
"Jerome stop" I say.
Turning around, he says "What?"
"I dont know what this place is, but I don't think it's a good idea to be here" I state firmly.
"It's fine, nothing is in here. I've spent a lot of time exploring the caverns.
After some thinking we finally decide to continue.
Finally ariving at a large, rotund room with stone walk ways and several lava pools, we notice that, at the center, there was this wierd pedestal.
"Don't go near that. If you do, the room starts shaking really badly" Jerome says, with a worried tone. Atop of the pedestal, appears to be a gemstone lying on it.
"It appears to be expertly crafted" I state half-mindedly. Without even realizing it, I began to walk towards the pedestal. As if it can read my mind, the room starts shaking. Determined to reach the stone, I continue on my path, albeit with a few stumbles along the way. Reaching the stone, I reach out and rest my hand on it. As soon as I do, it starts glowing and everything begins to fade black.