Chapter 18 : REMIND

It is true that Phun drives pretty fast, but it's almost 10 pm by the time we get to see the beach in Bang Saen. He and I decide to park the car near a sidewalk so we can get a late dinner in a restaurant. We choose this particular one because we see that a lot of students in the area are the patrons.

"Lots of people, I bet the food here's good." This is what my chariot tells me which causes me to break into a big smile. This means that I'm not the only one who thinks that a crowded restaurant equals to good food. Heh heh. I should rub this in Om's face once I get back. (He is always calling me a weirdo every time I tell him this. How am I wrong about this exactly?)

Phun shuts the engine off, then he makes sure I'm wearing the jacket properly before he opens the car door.

For some odd reason, it feels like we're making a grand entrance when we enter the restaurant. All eyes are on us. It might be because of the student uniform with the school's initials showing, plus the blue shorts that are making people turn their heads. But if I think about it carefully...

The person I am with is too good looking. -_-"

Basically, it's the combination of the two. One guy is handsome and the other is wearing a school uniform so we end up standing out. It's only natural that I tense up when I realize that all these strangers are staring. However, Phun seems pretty relaxed. I can't tell if he is aware that everybody in this restaurant is staring at us. -_-"

Screw it. I'm gonna stop caring. -_-"

A hostess finally helps us find a table after Phun and I spin around looking for one for a long while since we couldn't find any seats. I sit down but I'm still confused whether what kind of place this is. Is it just a restaurant or is it a bar? I notice that some tables only have drinks on them and there aren't any food. (What the heck?) I'm also wondering whether being in this place while wearing my school uniform is really okay or not.

I find the answer to my question when I see students wearing their uniform next to our table ordering beers -_-"

A loud voice from someone ordering food interrupts my messy train of thoughts. "We'll have...spicy pork skin salad, spicy minced meat salad, fried chicken tendons, chili crispy crackers, and a tower of Heineken." ########## him. I thought those dishes sounded odd. I reach over and smack this honor student on his head. "Order me some real food! Fucking hell!"

"Eh?! You didn't have any dinner yet?"

"No..." When was I supposed to find the time to eat? I was too busy talking to Yuri this evening. I wasn't in the mood to do anything else when I got home since I was so troubled. Then I ended up packing a bag and went all the way to Phun's place. At first, I thought I was just gonna spend the night there. But the owner of that house decided to schlepped me all the way here. Talk about having good fortune when it comes to traveling.

"Order something then." Phun tells me as he passes the menu over despite the fact that he never actually opened it and looked beforehand. So why the hell did he keep it all to himself in the first place? I don't get that either. I scratch my head as I look through the menu for exactly two seconds. "Fried rice...that's it."

"How creative of you, Noh." This jerk as the nerves to say something. Well, whose fault is this?

"You already ordered us some beer, what the hell am I supposed to order? They go well together. That's all, p'" I pass the menu back to the waitress with a small smile. That was enough for her to be smitten. Heh, heh. Sometimes us guys need to put our art of seduction in practice once in a while.

"What's with the smile? Were you flirting with her?" This jerk wants to start another fight with me.

"What the ########## are you talking about? I'm starving. Nobody else is always full and happy like you are."