THE MESSAGE II

Daveed's heart was pumping rapidly. Why?
He had just messaged his friend, suggesting they meet in person.
They had met online. She had apparently, found his Tumblr and read his poetry and messaged him. From there, they had become friends. Neither revealing too much. He knew her name was Theo, he knew she lived in New York, and he knew she was a college student and dog sitter. They had been talking for about 4 months now and he just wanted to be able to hang out with his friend. He wanted to be able to sit and talk in person or have doggy play dates with her dog and his.

His heart was in his throat as his phone dinged in his hand. "Sure, when and where?" The message said. His eyes opened wide in surprise. She wanted to meet him too. He was finally going to meet his friend.

He responded quickly "Tomorrow, Starbucks, 8am?" He locked his phone and sat on the couch and smiled. He didn't have rehearsal tomorrow and wanted to make the most out of his day. He decided to ask her to meet and if not he could make other plans, but she had said yes. His only regret now, asking to meet so early in the morning. He wasn't a morning person and he knew Theo wasn't either.

Soccer, his dog, jumped up and joined him on the couch and Daveed reached down to pet him. His phone dinged, yet again, and it was Theo. "yeah, that works. see you then." Daveed smiled widely.

He got up and started getting ready for bed. He laid down and thought about meeting his friend for about an hour before falling asleep, excited to see his friend in person for the first time tomorrow.