Pop The Question

2 years later
_____________

"I want to get married okay!"

"You can't get married to him, he's probably not good for you anyway"

"Mom, I'm 25, I want to have kids and a husband and a happy home. Why don't you like us being together!"

"Yasmine, this conversation is over." she says

I make my way out the door as I get in my car and go home.

Once I pull up, I see my boyfriend Troy standing there on the doorframe wearing a half buttoned down shirt and he's rolling up his sleeve's which means two things..

He's either mad about something, or he's ready for me to get home after a long day at work

As I walk up to the porch, he stands there watching me with a smirk on his face

"Let me guess, you forgot what today was.." he says intertwining his hand in mine as he pulled me into the house and closed the door.

"No, I did not forget..umm" I say knowing that I most definitely forgot

"Don't stress yourself out trying to remember..I already know you forgot since you've been working so hard" he said with a tiny laugh

"Our Anniversary, baby I'm so sorry, I -" I begin to say before I realize what he's doing

He reached in his pocket, and got down on one knee.

Tears quickly filled my eyes as I couldn't believe how long I've waited for this to happen to me, finally. Then, I remember what my mom said to me and I instantly regretted that I ever went to talk to her about him.

"Yasmine Marie Howard, I've wanted you since the day I saw you at my job and every day after that- he goes on as I laugh at that part. I never had the guts to tell you that I wanted you until 2 years ago at the proposal dinner and now I believe that I'm ready to have you as my wife forever, Yasmine..Will You Marry Me?"