47. A Good Luck Charm

Hi, minna! Sorry for the late update. I was supposed to update last night, but I had a family emergency. This book is nearing it's end, so I just have to ask minna this one thing: should I open a Q&A? If so, comment or PM me your questions and I'll answer once the final chapter is complete. This chapter is dedicated to @NaeH49 . Don't cry. If you feel scared for what comes next, just remain calm and remember that you are awesome. Enjoy! Trouble out.

P.S. I had a soundtrack planned for this chapter, but the length and timing didn't match, plus the music would've taken away the suspense. I also had to research boats for this! lol

Shiki told me to wait in the car, but obviously, I won't. Who actually does that? If she really wanted to stop me, she should have dropped me off somewhere far away and safe. As if I would stay in this car. This was something I had to see to the end.

I didn't leave the car until Shiki went inside herself. Once it all seemed clear, I opened the car door and trudged through the snow. I closed my hands tight and kept them close to my chest as I shivered from this icy breeze. I checked the perimeter of the warehouse to find another way in. Hopefully, one that was vacant.

I snuck around the white docks on bent knees, nearly slipping on solid ice a couple of times on the frozen deck. Out of all the boats parked on at the docks, only one was not blanketed in as much snow as the rest, like it was left there recently. It was a pilothouse power boat. A fine choice for shedding seas with comfort, with a cabin that keeps the cold air at bay. I climbed over the boat and froze when my feet made a loud thud on the floorboard. Hopefully, no one mal-intentioned on board heard that. Trying hard not to make a sound, I looked through the window of the hatch and calmly made my way into the cockpit. Under the deck felt less cold. I could feel my cheeks warming up.

As soon as I shut the howling wind out, I heard the faint cries of a girl. She sat next to a window in the small, square room, crying in her hands. "Alluka?" I presumed. She looked up at me. Seeing her face for the first time, I felt a wave of familiarity that I already knew her.

"Yuki-chan!" the girl leaped at me, hugging me. I was taken aback, surprised and a bit awkward at first, but the hug gradually felt so familiar to the point that I missed it. I hugged back.

"Oh, Alluka," I choked out the words, feeling tears welling up. This was my precious friend Alluka, someone who is like a sweet little sister to me. She must have felt so lonely while I have forgotten her.

"Yuki-chan. You remember me?"

We let go as I wiped my eyes. "Of course I do. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I inspected her face for any scratches or bruises.

She shook her head, then she gasped in realization. "It's a trap! Big brother Illumi is going to kill Gon and Lizz!"

"What?!" Before I left the car, Shiki pointed out that there were fresh tire tracks on the road, meaning that Gon and Liz have only arrived moments ago. We are all at the same place, but now I am about to lose everyone at once. "What about Killua? Is he still here?" Alluka paused in silence, her eyes drifting to the window. "Alluka."

"He's here..." She seemed hesitant to answer, like she didn't want me to know. Her brows scrunched with worry. "But he's completely different. Zexion changed him, and now Oniichan is a literal killing machine. No matter what I try I can't get through to him... but maybe you can."

I cocked my head back in surprise. "Me? How can I help if even his own sister can't reach him?"

"He'll hear you, Yuki-chan. I know because you're the one he needs most."

"Alluka..." Although my memories are slowly piecing together, I am still not sure if have the key to save Killua? What if I say the wrong thing? How can I bring back someone I can't even remember? "What if... even when I see him, I still don't know him?"