Chapter 1

It was a big night on Isla Nublar, a milestone in history. It had been over two decades since Hammond had had the dream of ruling an empire based on earth's most glorious era, bringing the past to the present and building the greatest amusement park anyone could imagine.

He had failed at it miserably, but eventually, along came an even more ambitious man: Simon Masrani, CEO of Masrani Global, who managed to rebuild that dream and make it a reality.

Jurassic World was to open its gates to the public the following day. That night it was all about them, the staff, and every single employee who had helped so far to make this possible...from construction crew, to trainers, managers, lab scientists, the cleaning staff, the cooking squad. Every single person in the payroll had worked hard so that mankind could see dinosaurs roar in present time.

The first part of the opening ceremony had been dedicated to every single of their exclusive guests, letting them enjoy the park, its attractions, and food, before the general public could.

For the evening, a gala had been put together with one of the best buffets Costa Rica had to offer, and Masrani had also asked for fireworks to be displayed at the end of the night before everybody went back to their own, new, modern and efficient accommodations.

That night also marked the beginning of Claire Dearing's dream coming true. She had worked hard for the past year, making sure her boss had everything he needed and the administrative side of the park ran without any inconvenience.

It had only been a week since she had learned about her promotion: Operations Manager, which was a step closer to Claire ruling the world. She would have the planet's most ambitious project under her command and she couldn't wait to start what she thought to be the best phase of her career, the fruit of her determination and hard work paying off.

She had asked her older sister, Karen, to fly over and be her plus one. This being the event of the century, the blonde couldn't resist and let her younger sister book her a flight.

She wasn't much for amusement parks, but this was more like a zoo than anything else. There were some attractions that she really enjoyed, like the Gyrosphere Valley, not to mention she still couldn't grasp the reality that she had been able to hug a baby brachiosaurus and play with a baby triceratops as if they were puppies and kittens.

Both sisters had a lot of fun helping each other get ready for the gala. Karen was feeling like a movie star, not used to all the perks. She had dozen of dresses to choose from, not to mention all the shoes options. They also had their own hair stylist and make-up artist.

Karen went with a long navy blue gown with lace bodice. Her hairdo twirled some strands of hair and left them loose to frame her face while the rest was pinned up on the back of her head.

Claire, being one of the most important figures of the evening — and in charge of the opening speech — had gone with something more chic. She was wearing a strapless green peacock mermaid dress. The long gown tightened perfectly against her hips and around her breasts, accentuating every curve of her body. The color contrasted beautifully against her pin straight red bob haircut, not to mention it highlighted her mint orbs.

The press was going wild at the park, taking as many photos as they could and covering the event like it was one of the most sophisticated red carpet ever.

There were many famous faces around, enjoying the privilege of having been invited to the opening, but among all these people, all eyes were on Claire Dearing.

Still not used to all this attention, Claire never left her sister's side unless it was necessary. She had to greet the board members, who were eager to congratulate her for her big promotion, all of them positive she would make Jurassic World the best place for families to spend their vacation at.