Chapter 5

I arrived home and headed straight to my bedroom, I was becoming impatient to read the letter. I turned mine and my pen pals song on (on repeat may I add) and put it as loud as I could. I took the letters out my bag. I looked for the newest letter then picked it up and started reading:

'Yeah it is but I feel like if I tell anyone no one would like me anymore, people think I have the best life but honestly I don't.  I try to hide it from everyone and people have started believing me.
You're welcome, I have more confidence telling you cause we both don't know who each other are.
Thanks gal? Lad? I'll just say person for now aha.
You could just skim read it but I don't believe you'd do that seeing as you've replied to every sentence I've wrote.
I normally spend Christmas doing whatever I want to do. It's not that bad tho it gives me me time. What do you do?'

I wish I could help them. I wanted to make them smile and show I'll be there for them. I guess I could never do that they seem to like the anonymous writing so I'll keep it like that for now.

I grabbed my pen and a fresh piece of paper. I was about to write until my little brother ran into my room. "Someone's at the door!" Devon kinda yelled at me "Ok ok, I'm coming!" I got off of my bed and headed for the door. Devon stayed behind me as we were the only ones home. I opened the door to see Keith standing there. I rolled my eyes and sighed in annoyance. Devon ran up to him and hugged him. Keith laughed "Heya kiddo!" He said and petted his head. I was so confused at this point "What do you want?" I growled out "Chill Torpe, I'm here for your brother. He has guitar lessons with me." Keith replied calmly. I stood there in shock "Cmon teach' we need to practice" Devon said and head for Keith's black BMW. "Bye N/n" Keith said with a smirk and walked away.

After that went down I head for my room again to write my letter.

' I doubt people wouldn't like you, You're so sweet , so kind and funny. Well if you feel like you need to talk to anyone at all I'm always here for you!
Thanks gal is correct. What about you?
Haha very funny you make me seem like I love reading you letters... not gunna lie I kinda do heh...
My family normally open all the presents first then get ready for a Christmas party where we have food and games. The Christmas pudding game my mum and dad made is my favourite, this game is just a competition between them to see who makes the best Christmas pudding and we'd have to say which one we like the most.'

I stopped writing as I couldn't think of anything else to talk about. I looked at my phone "7 O'clock already?!" I hopped out of my bed and got a shower. After that I got changed into a black oversized jumper and shorts.

Not soon after I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door but ran away as soon as I realised it was Keith and what I was wearing. "I SEEN THAT!" Keith yelled to me and laughed. "SH-SHUT UP JERK!" I yelled back a slight blush spread across my cheeks. Devon said his goodbyes to Keith and apologised for my behaviour.

· · ──────·本·──────· ·

Tuesday rolled by pretty quickly and I was already in music. I sat in my seat glaring daggers at Allura as I couldn't answer my pen pals letter last lesson.

I waited for an hour to pass to answer the letter because the teacher kept on looking at me as if he knew what was going on. I finally took out their letter and looked at it. I was disappointed it was so short but I understood cause I didn't give them much to talk about.

'It's alright, I understand. You had a sub right? Just like us but I fought for my seat instead of giving it up unlike someone I know.
P.S. Nice drawing'

I laughed a bit at the first part of the letter but the I felt a wave of worry wash over me as I seen the P.S. 'Crap he seen my drawing!' I forgot I drew on that sheet of paper. Why was I so worried if they thought I was a bad artist? 'I guess it's cause I never really show anyone my drawing' that's what I kept telling myself anyway.

I added a bit more to my letter to answer his:

'Yeah shut up, I wasn't fighting the girl for my seat.  You weren't supposed to see that drawing!'

I smiled at what I wrote and replaced his note with mine as I slipped it into my bag.