Chapter One: Who Knew?

'Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.’

Waking up in the morning should be classed as a chore - literally. And picking up your spoon to eat your breakfast is worse. Some people would say that I was acting lazy, even though I bet they've been through the same routine themselves.

 I was late for school and I knew it. Even though I was already ten minutes late, I was standing at the toilet door waiting to be let in.

"Hurry up!" I shouted like any late teenage schoolgirl could do.

"Wait!" screamed a very familiar voice. It was Josh. Josh was my best friend ever since primary school. He was staying in our house while his parents went to somewhere along the Eastern countries but Josh didn't really know anything about their job, apart from the fact that they gained A LOT of money. By the way, why would someone as irresponsible as Josh care?

Five more minutes past and he still didn't come out. I started to kick at the door, obviously causing a loud racket. My mum was still asleep and probably didn't stir at all; I seriously wonder how she does that.

After a couple of minutes of hysterically kicking and punching, the door opened.

I tried to push past Josh and get in but he didn't budge. He's so annoying!

"Can't we just skive?" He asked. Oh boy, don't tell me he's trying to have swagger.

"Uh no," I replied quickly. No way am I getting another detention this week.

"Says the bad girl herself," he smirked. I seriously have no idea how me and Josh happened to become friends. He was a total jerk, if I'm being really honest. He had sea blue eyes and dark hair. Some mindless girls would have described him as hot or cute, but I call him Stupid. Nifty name, huh?

*

                                                                                                                                                                                  *

*

The bus was late by four minutes and twenty five seconds, but who was counting? Josh and I stood in the pouring rain, looking all depressed. I think I had a right to look depressed because Josh was going on and on about how he and his mates had given in a list of swear words for their English assignment. He's fifteen years old for goodness sake!

You might be thinking that I am so mature for scolding Josh in my head a lot for his immaturity. Ever heard of two best friends that has been like that for a very long time but had suddenly become very apart from each other because of their new differences? Well that was the problem between Josh and me. We both act immature in our own different ways.

As I was saying, the bus arrived and we got in. I literally had to jump in because the driver had quickly closed the door. I was very tempted to give him the finger then smartly decided against it. I'm in enough trouble already.

The bus was empty apart from the driver, Josh and I. Perfect. I sat next to Josh and opened my phone. I had to make an urgent phone call to my mum.

"Mum?" I said as soon as she answered it.

"Wha...?"

"Wake up and sort yourself out!" I snapped. "Now stand up, go to the bathroom, use the toilet and brush your teeth. Then change out of your pyjamas, wear your uniform and go downstairs. After that eat your breakfast, collect all the stuff you need for work and actually go to work! That is all."