Chapter Twenty - Six

Angela had embraced and fallen in love with her new job role. She had managed to turn all discomfort into a positive allure for her own sake.

Fiona was the easy one, in fact, she loved her more than ever. However wouldn't say the same for Osas, who had been nothing but mean and spiteful.

She deserved it. Every time, he scowled, snapped, eyed, ignored, or embarrassed her, she kept telling herself; she deserved it.

Their evening schedule confirmation was the most hectic. Osas wouldn't take her calls and the few times he called back it was to indirectly call her shallow. Asking questions that left Angela blank or stuttering. Other times, he sent a direct email to Fiona at odd hours, copying Angela outrightly complaining of everyone's incompetence in Udohcorp - all because Angela didn't get one of his schedules right.

It didn't get any better, Osas mostly acted like, he knocked his head hard on the ground and had had partial amnesia as he never referred to her by her name. He literally called her Fiona. It was as if Angela didn't exist.

When it all started, it seemed like a joke. He had yelled Fiona over the land phone, which was mostly on speaker these days.

Fiona had pointed to her to go on and see what he wanted. For a split second, Angela had gone into his office thinking he would ask her to go fetch Fiona. Well instead, it happened, and he just wanted to query her office for making him appear tardy to an online meeting. Angela knew he was aware it was her mistake.

Well, the name Fiona stuck, Angela was always in a flight mood, each time she heard him call that name. She learned the hard way Fiona and Osas had a special bond, he would never yell or embarrassed her in front of anyone, no matter the misconduct. They in fact texted all the time.

Angela endured. She imitated Fiona and always wore a smile, regardless.

It hurt Osas never looked at her the same way. His scowl and stares made her feel incompetent and brainless. She always felt obtuse, second-guessing every decision she made right up to printing and typing a mere document. It was almost as if Osas always recognize her work due to the flaws. It became clear to her, she and Osas could never have actually survived. His woman should be like Fiona, who was running the entire business with him, not her. She wasn't half as smart as Fiona. She was no good.

In truth, Angela was becoming depressed, this job was supposed to be IT. However, she secretly wanted out. She was tired of locking herself in the toilet and crying her eyes out. She hated how her heart skipped seeing Osas's email notification or his call. It was far annoying that she was always saddened by the fact, she wasn't adding value to him. This was a man who held her in his arms countless times.
Despite how intoxicating it all seemed, she couldn't think of leaving, Fiona had been more than nice to her, even when she took the hit for Angela's mistakes.

Most of her formal colleagues, who bumped into her, often considered her lucky. Even those who never mentioned it. Well, it wasn't every day a staff got promoted from junior rank to penthouse executive staff. When most staff hadn't been to that floor. Not to mention, her mistake got rewarded.

***

"Hi Jack....morning."

Fiona flashed her teeth at Jack - Osas's bodyguard - as soon as the elevator opened and she led out blindfolded Angela with her. Both armed securities and Jack couldn't help but wonder what was going on.

"Hi Angela."

"Hi morning, Jack." She felt Jack's hands on her arms. Seemed more like support, compared to Fiona's.

Fiona definitely was doing a very bad job, guiding her. She rather held on to her luxury possessions, chicly. Only a matter of time, Angela probably would bump into a wall before they got to their destination.