Chapter Thirty One

"He's awoken? Wow! This' great news." Osas exclaimed delightfully with a beam that made his chocolate face glow, his eyes glisterning. He listened, his phone pressed to his ear.

He was startled when he suddenly had a company then sighed at the realization, it was Fiona knocking at the tinted window of his SUV.

He watched her disappear, although he knew she wasn't done with him yet. She pulled at the car door and Jack unlocked it. She pulled once more, letting herself in.

"Erm, I'm on my way ... leaving the office..." He stuttered most of his attention with Fiona, who was scowling at him.

Was that animal fur around her neck? He huffed.

"Is that Angela, I'd like to say hello."

"...Yeah Fiona just climbed in.... can we...."

Fiona pulled the phone from his ear.

"Hello assistant," she looked away from Osas, who still fluttered his eyes in dismay.

"You are doing an excellent job leaving me in the dark...." She listened for a while. "Oh, I had no idea... Serious, that's bad. I got no text. I panicked, no one was talking to me." She snapped Osas, a look. "He's being all Osas." She paused. "See you soon." She ended the call.

"What was the meaning of that?"

"When you don't tell me things, I try to find out on my own." She handed him back his phone.

"I miss her, what do you expect? She's my best friend." She caught Jack's eyes on the rearview mirror and grinned at him.

"She pointed out her brother was in a car crash. Well, the story contradicts yours. Pretty the same, but where you mentioned son, she mentioned brother."

"Leave it alone, Fiona."

"I would as soon as you tell me everything that happened in Algeria." She looked away from him, leaning forward and speaking to Jack.

"Please Jack, this gonna be a long conversation. You might want to start moving, we are headed to the same destination, after all."

Jack tried to pull out of the garage but Osas stopped him.

He adjusted, drawing closer to her, whispering. "Really in front of Jack?"

"Like, he doesn't see everything, beside you pulled him into this drama when you had him pull that string with Angela a couple of months ago." She pressed her lips together.

"Get out of my car."

"Are you sure, that's wise? You understand I'll be right behind you. We wouldn't want me asking her questions like, how's her son fairing? Rather than, how her brother is."

Osas gasped, reluctantly settling his back and asking Jack to start moving.

"I wonder why that's a secret. If I had a son, I will flaunt him before the entire world... Psst, In this Kardashian century." She winked at Jack, through the rearview as they drove out the gate and pulled into the traffic.

"I wish you could appreciate my effort a lot more, and stop treating me like the enemy. I'm team Osas, now and forever."

He hated she wouldn't stop talking. "What do you want from me, Fiona?"

"Did you two fuck?" Her eyes met with Jack, who fought really hard to suppress his smile, while his boss drowned in Fiona's misery.

No response.

"I get it, you two fucked." She smiled sheepishly.

****

"Oh my god, he's so gorgeous." Fiona leaned and whispered to Osas, giving she sighted the little Jack from the entrance as they both marched into the room.