Chapter 5 - Recovery

"No...don't." you mumble under your breath.

"Don't hurt them, stay away." you mumble again.

"(y/n)." you hear a low voice call your name.

"No, please." you say in a shaky voice.

"(y/n)." the voice calls your name again.

"Don't...touch them..." you say once more.

"(y/n)!" the voice gets louder.

That's when you slowly open your eyes, your vision was slightly blurry, but you could make out that you were in a lightly lit room. You were sweating and your heart beat was rather fast. To your right, you see your friend, Toshinori sitting down beside the hospital bed you laid in.

"Did I die?... A-am I in heaven?" you asked as you brought a hand up to the left side of Toshinori's face.

Your sudden action caused a pink tint to spread across his cheeks. You suddenly realized what you were doing and pulled your hand away, feeling embarrassed.

"What, where- ow." you wince in pain as you try sitting up.

"Hey, hey now, calm down, relax." Toshinori said as he put his hands out, signaling for you to lay back down.

"The students...a-are they okay? What about Shouta? Thirteen?" you ask in a worried tone.

"Yes, everyone's fine, you need to relax (y/n)." Toshinori informed you with saddened eyes.

The look on your friend's face hurt your heart. He looked so worried about you. You then look to your left and see a student. It was one of the students that you tried protecting at the USJ, the boy with messy, green hair.

"You. Are you okay?" you asked him in a rush.

"M-me? Yeah, I-I'm fine, I'm Izuku Midoriya by the way." the student introduced himself shyly.

"Thank goodness." you said as you exhaled heavily.

Izuku gave a small, closed-mouth smile and then looked over at Toshinori.

"We just wanted to see how you were recovering." Toshinori said as he stood up.

Before you could respond, the door of the room you all were in sounded. A little, old woman walked in and greeted everyone.

"Hello everyone. My, my! You've woken up my dear? That's wonderful." she said as she stood in front of your hospital bed.

"In case you don't know me, I'm Recovery Girl, I'm the nurse around these parts." she introduced herself.

"Thank you for everything ma'am. I'm-" you began until getting cut off.

"Miss (f/n) (l/n). Yes, I am aware. I have all your records stored in a file my dear." she interrupted.

"Now, Toshinori, it's time to change your bandages." Recovery Girl said.

"Bandages? What bandages? You got hurt Toshinori?" you asked in concern.

"Oh...uh, yeah, it's nothing really." Toshinori informed as he stood up and scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Come on big guy, let's go." Recovery Girl commanded.

She pulled a curtain open, separating you from her and Toshinori. You looked over at Izuku who looked at you and gave you a nervous smile.

"So, what's your quirk Izuku?" you asked curiously.

"M-my quirk?" he asked.

"Yeah, you've sure got a powerful...smash? Was it?" you asked.

"Oh! Yeah, haha, um, my quirk is...super strength, yeah!" he explained.