Chapter 29 - Toshinori and I

The club was as loud and as overwhelming as it always seems to be. Several flashing lights of different colors and the smell of alcohol floods your senses.

"Come on! Let's go get drinks and then head over to the dance floor!" Nemuri stated before grabbing you by the wrist and rushing both of you over to the bar.

You let your best friend drag you, feeling weak all over your body from the overwhelming sadness you were currently experiencing. She sits you down onto a barstool and you immediately slouch over the counter.

Nemuri orders two drinks for the two of you and sits on the barstool next to you.

"Here you go! Drink up!" she says as she hands you your drink.

You take the glass, raise it up to your lips, and chug it, placing the glass back down onto the counter.

"You sure you don't want me to get you a drink?" you hear a familiar voice ask another person.

You turn your head towards the sound of the male's voice and your eyes go wide.

"Hizashi?" you call to the male.

It was none other than Hizashi Yamada, one of your coworkers from UA.

He turned his head towards your direction, causing his eyes to widen for a split second at the sight of you as well.

You flash a small, smile his way, but he only looks at you with a face full of disappointment. This causes you to feel confused and thr slightest bit of worry due to his peculiar reaction towards your appearance.

You turn back towards the counter of the bar, your face full of sorrow.

"Hey, come on now! Are you still thinking about Toshinori?" Nemuri asked as soon as she noticed your depressed-looking face.

"That and Hizashi's here..." you said at a low volume.

"What? Mic's here?" Nemuri asked, unsure if she heard you correctly over the blasting music throughout the club.

"Yeah...but he gave me a sorta...dirty look when I tried saying 'hi'..." you responded.

"What? Where is that loud mouth?" Nemuri asked as she stood up and scanned her surroundings.

Before you could say anything, she caught sight of that golden blond hair of his. Nemuri grabbed you by the arm and dragged you towards Hizashi with her.

"Mic! I know you didn't just get a respectful greeting from (y/n) here and not return her friendly gesture!" Nemuri shouted at Hizashi over the music.

Hizashi turned towards the two of you which then revealed another familiar head of blond hair.

"Why the hell would I greet some chick who broke my good friend's heart?" Hizashi shouted back.

"Toshinori?" you gestured towards him.

"Oh, crap." Nemuri gasped.

Toshinori looked into your eyes with his widened eyes, only to turn back towards the counter, saying nothing at all.

"I wasn't the one who broke his heart, he was gonna break mine!" you tried to explain over the blasting-loud music of the club.

"Says the one who declined his marriage proposal!" Hizashi shouted as he slammed a hand on the counter of the bar and stood up defensively.

"Excuse me?!" Nemuri quickly responded.

"Marriage proposal?!" you beckoned as your eyes widened.

"She didn't know about that Mic." Toshinori commented.

"What do you mean? I thought we're gonna propose man." Hizashi replied.