Chapter 1 - Sundays

*FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD CHAPTER BASED ON ACTUAL EVENTS. ALL NAMES AND SOME INFORMATION HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR PRIVACY REASONS. ANY REFERENCE TO FICTIONAL OR REAL PEOPLE/CHARACTERS ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL*

I was awoken early Sunday morning by my mother to go to church. What made today the best day was eating the most delicious fast food breakfast ever, and having my best friend right there with me, Estus.

While I was getting dressed Estus arrives early at my door, my mother graciously lets her in and she sits and waits for me.

We continue our normal routine, just like every Sunday; eat, church, eat, come home. But today, I knew we were going skateboarding so I decided to invite my friend over who has a longboard, Cindy.

By the time me and Estus got home I was super excited, I couldn't wait to meet Cindy at the skatepark. First we went down a really steep hill to get a lot of speed, then we headed over to a local gas station. As we were heading towards the gas station I realized that we still haven't showed her one place that me and Estus have been but she hasn't. We called it the 'scary street.' It was a block that consisted of three deserted houses, a trashed front yard, boarded up doors and windows, but some of the windows on the other side of one of the houses wasn't boarded up. In fact, three windows on one side of the last house were broken, one even had a bullet hole in it.

"We have to go down the scary street Cindy. It's super creepy." I said, emphasis on the 'creepy'. No matter how hard we tried she would not agree to go. She insisted she was not scared, but in fact too lazy.

"I'm going back to the skatepark." Cindy maneuvered her board down the opposite street.

"Please come with us Cindy!" I pleaded and pleaded with her, but she wouldn't give in.

About an hour later after hanging out with some younger kids at the skatepark she finally agreed to come with us.

We grabbed our boards and pushed ourselves down the street.