Six

Last night's events continued to play over in Charlotte's mind, her back aching and confirmed to be covered in bruising and her ankle swollen she was confined to her bedroom as walking became too painful for her to even imagine attempting

Last night's events continued to play over in Charlotte's mind, her back aching and confirmed to be covered in bruising and her ankle swollen she was confined to her bedroom as walking became too painful for her to even imagine attempting. Her parents had brought her some food up in the morning along with some snacks for the afternoon, spending her morning watching Netflix and then proceeding to do homework and study in the afternoon despite being confined to her room Charlotte got a lot done and was even ahead of everything in her lessons. Scrolling through clothing websites she noticed the time and saw that school had finished and that meant Peter would be on his way to hers and just like that she received a text from him 

Peter Parker:
Hey do you want me to bring you anything from the shops before I come up?

Charlotte Sutherland:
I'm good maybe just a bottle of coke or something would be nice?

Peter Parker:
Sure thing will be like 15 mins?

Charlotte Sutherland:
Okay just remember to let yourself in the front door is unlocked

Peter Parker:
Want me to lock it before I come to your room?

Charlotte Sutherland:
Yeah if you wouldn't mind

Peter Parker:
Okay see you soon :) 

Charlotte smiled as she put her phone next to her on the bed, she realised she was still in her pjs but she didn't really care because everything hurt too much from the day before, the one thing she noticed though was her legs were starting to show bruises as well. Sighing Charlotte, but then thoughts started circling her mind, what if Spider-man didn't show up? What would've happened to her? her mind was spinning so much and she could feel tears starting to trickle down her cheeks, her throat becoming tight and she knew then that she was having a panic attack. Her breathing becoming quick and heavy, she could hardly pay attention to Peter yelling through the apartment, then she heard her door open and her name being called "Charlotte?" she turned her head to face Peter, his eyes widened as he dropped his bag and quickly rushed to her side "Hey Hey whats happening?" she could hardly get any words out at all and just kept on shaking. Peter realised then she was having a panic attack, he took ahold of her face "Hey look at me, try copy my breathing okay? in and out in and out slowly alright?" she tried her best to copy his actions "there you go just slowly in and out" after a couple minutes of trying to control her breathing Peter pulled her into a hug "hey there you go....just like that just focus on me in here okay?" Charlotte just nodded leaning into his frame, her throat hurting too much to even speak. The two sat like that for what felt like hours but was only a few minutes in reality Charlotte pulled away wiping her eyes "thank you Peter"

"Hey no Problem, what happened though Charlotte, I was really scared to come here for the first time and find you having a panic attack"

"Well yesterday when I was walking home...I was attacked, I managed to defend myself partly but then was thrown to the ground hence my ankle and I honestly feared for my life but then thankfully Spider-man was there to save me....But it got me thinking what if someone like Spider-man didn't show then what would've happened to me?....would I still even be here?"

"Hey don't say that Charlotte you can't think like that because you'll never face that reality because there will always be someone looking out for the little guy yknow?" 

"I guess..."

"Hey look, I know you said you weren't hungry but I brought is it crisps you guys call it?"

"aha yeah, what kind?"

"Plain?"

"aw good, I only like plain crisps" Peter smiled and pulled out two packets and handed her a bottle of coke and he got himself a diet one, he pulled out his books and the two started working on ideas for their project, but one thing that Charlotte kept on thinking about was how similar Peter's and Spider-mans voice sounded. But ignoring her thoughts she continued with everything that she was doing, the two got quite a bit done between the odd few moments of banter and before the two knew it, it was 9 O'clock sighing Charlotte wasn't sure when Peter would be leaving and she didn't want his company to end at all "hey Peter what time are you thinking about leaving?"

"Oh-oh um, I'm not sure, I can leave now i-if you need me to?"

"No it's alright I'm just wondering because I want you to get home fine that's all" Peter's cheeks turned a deep shade of pink and he scratched the back of his head "It's okay I'm only round the corner Char"

"Char?"

"Yeah? just thought a nickname would be cool, because your name is so long?"

"Well lets agree on Lottie, I prefer that anyway"

"aha okay, Lottie is nice, listen do you need help getting to school tomorrow at all?"

"Nah it's alright my mum will drop me off, I just won't be able to go to Liz's party anymore tho"

"Oh you were going?"

"Yeah I was planning on it but, now cause I can barely stand I don't really think it's best I go considering everything"

"Well um-um if you want I can come round and we can watch some films?"

"are you sure you don't have anything better to do?"

"Lottie please, I'd rather help out a friend than spend my night at some party filled with drunken people"

"Thanks Peter means a lot" Peter smiled at her, it was true though a party would be the last place he would want to be compared to being home alone watching movies and eating snacks with a beautiful Scottish girl. The rest of the evening flew by and Peter left before Charlotte's parents returned, once he reached his apartment he was greeted by his aunt "Mr Parker where have you been?"

"I was at Charlotte's for a study session for our project I told you yesterday?"

"Okay..well come on please remember thursday night is still a school night, go get some sleep"

"yes goodnight May"

"Goodnight Peter" However that was not really goodnight for the Parker boy, he slipped on his suit behind his closed door and shot one of his webs, taking one more look into his room before he jumped out and into the night. He watched the traffic lights flickering in the streets as he sat up on a building ledge watching the night scene of New York come to life, it reminded him that everyone was apart of a system that needed to keep flowing in order for the world to work. He thought back to the moment last night when he saved Charlotte, see her covered in bruises tonight filled him with guilt even though he stopped the ultimate worse happening, she was still hurt from the actions of those men, he knew fine well that Charlotte came from another country and he didn't know what life was like there but he wanted Charlotte to be safe and vowed to watch over her no matter what. 

The night was quiet and no sirens or anything bad happened, so he decided to call it a night, crawling back into his room quietly, taking his suit off he laid his against his pillow and started thinking about the next school day and the evening where he was going to yet again spend the evening with Charlotte Sutherland the Scottish girl that has managed to amaze him and interest him all within the space of four days. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

hehe I know this one was short but I want the next one to be a long one and I'm sure you will fine well like it :) 

thanks all for reading hope yous are enjoying it