Chapter 6

~~~

"H-How did you know?" Chanyeol stuttered, feeling his heart beating so loud, it could jump out of his chest.

"Mr. Park, I am a nurse, I can distinguish a wolf by his physical appearance and... smell. Although you smell a little odd today," the nurse smiled kindly. "Now back to my question—"

Chanyeol quickly dropped on his knees and started begging. "P-Please don't let the campus head know about this. I– I have a deep reason why I had to keep my identity unknown, I—," Chanyeol looked towards Baekhyun who was still sleeping on the clinic bed. He clenched his fists tightly and his lips started to quiver. "—I need to stay beside him. And he still doesn’t know about my real nature. I don't know what I'll do if he finds out, so as much as possible, I don't want anyone else to know."

The nurse looked at Chanyeol and she could clearly tell through his eyes with the way he looked at the omega that he was telling the truth.

"Look, Mr. Park, I understand what you're going through right now, but—"

Chanyeol sighed heavily and looked down on the floor.

"—this is not the first time that I encountered a case like this. I'm sure whatever reason you have, is something you think would help the both of you."

"What?" Chanyeol looked up at the nurse with wide eyes.

"I'm letting you off, for now. But if the campus finds out about you, please don't get me into your business,” the nurse said with a kind smile.

"I won't! I mean—" Chanyeol quickly stood up on his feet with a wide smile on his lips and was about to reach the nurse's hand to thank her but she simply stopped him with a raise of her hand.

"Wait, no need to thank me Mr. Park. What I did was clearly against the campus's rules and I don't want to feel bad by receiving a thank you over something I did wrong," the nurse chuckled and fixed her eyeglasses. "But I have one more question for you. How did you keep a secret for so long, I could clearly smell alpha pheromones coming from you."

"I practiced to hide my scent well from him and told him I was a beta, that was another story. It was so easy before but now, hiding is becoming more difficult each day since Baekhyun’s nostrils is becoming more sensitive from smell. So, I started to use an alpha pheromone suppressor," Chanyeol explained.

"APS huh, maybe that's why I was smelling something else from you. Baekhyun probably had the attack because of the suppressor you used," the nurse said while writing down details on her papers. "How long have you been using it?"

"A week?"

"He's still safe then."

"S-Safe? What do you mean by that?"

"APS is undoubtly very effective to conceal an alpha pheromone but it's not highly recommended especially to those alphas who are always with omegas. So, I'm telling you to stop using it. Alpha pheromones are so strong that you needed a stronger chemical with stronger scent to be able to conceal it which is unfortunately, a poison to omegas. Baekhyun's case was not just an allergic reaction but the effect of the poison takes time, it slowly kills its victim."

Chanyeol looked at the nurse in horror after realizing that he almost killed the most important person for him.

"I— I didn't know. Fuck, I can't believe I— I almost killed him!" Chanyeol breathed heavily and ran his hands through his hair.