Chapter 17

-

Sehun quickly tapped on his phone and pressed the search button. His phone was the only thing illuminating in his dark room.

'No results found.'

The alpha groaned and deleted the words written on his search box. "I can't find anything, hyung. I already tried all the possible spellings, but I couldn't find any result."

"Just keep on trying. I can feel that there's something suspicious about that alpha," Chanyeol said who's also busy typing out on his phone.

Sehun glanced at him, eyes squinted. "Are you sure that's the real reason?"

Chanyeol looked back at the younger and sighed. "Fine. That bastard knew I am an alpha, so I am doing this, hoping that I can find something I could use against him."

"But unfortunately, we can't find any flaw in him. Didn't you see it? He's the perfect alpha and Baekhyun is the perfect omega—"

"Are you saying that they are perfect for each other?" Chanyeol growled.

"You said it! I didn't say anything," Sehun defended and focused back on his phone. It's hard to deal with a mad Chanyeol.

Chanyeol huffed and glared at his phone. "Whatever. I won't let Baekhyun be with that alpha even if I have to... risk my true nature, heck, even if it cost my life! He's my mate and I'm willing to fight for him."

"This won't do," Sehun sighed. "Not even a single information about him, no social media accounts or anything."

"That's it!" Chanyeol exclaimed and Sehun gave him a weird look. "Another reason to be suspicious of him. He's keeping himself private because... maybe because he's doing something that can't be known in public!"

"What? Like, pooping?" Sehun asked and received a hard smack from the taller. "Ah!" Sehun rubbed the back of his head.

"Just something. Something dark," Chanyeol said in a dark tone.

"But you do know that we need an evidence to prove it, right?" Sehun said.

"We just need to know where he lives. We need to spy on him," Chanyeol said and looked at Sehun. "Not just any kind of spying. We need someone who specializes in computer."

Sehun pursed his lips and nodded. "I don't really know anyone though," he paused and snapped his fingers. "But we can ask for more help from Baekhyun's friends."

"What? Baekhyun has other friends?" Chanyeol said, obviously annoyed, like seriously, where does these friends even came from?

"Nah, don't fret, okay? I know we can trust them," Sehun said with a sheepish smile on his lips, Chanyeol gave him a suspicious look.

———

The next day, Chanyeol gathered everyone to their secret meeting place. Everyone was thinking deeply, no one was talking.

"Hyung, can I ask you something?" Sehun said, breaking the silence. "Why are we gathered here in the track field? I thought this meeting was supposed to be secret," the alpha pointed his finger towards the field, full of students who were gathered for their P.E subject.

"I wanted it to be less suspicious in case someone will spy on us," Chanyeol said and took a seat on the bench. The three other males followed and sat on the same bench. "So, I heard you two are Baekhyun's friends. I couldn't believe Baekhyun had so many friends aside from me, ah," the alpha whispered. "First, his childhood friend came back and now his classmates."