Fifty

Lilly Jennings

I have gotten into a routine

I have gotten into a routine. I walk up and look over at my daughter. Emerson Lori. Carl mentioned one time if we had a daughter he's want to name her after his mom someway. So I chose Lori for her middle name. Her first name took time. I had no clue for that. I looked through this baby name book Maggie found. I still couldn't find anything.

Then she was born. The best day of my life. I looked down at her on my arms. I flipped through the baby book again and landed on Emerson. Then looked down at her and said it out loud. It fit. Also works because my mom's name was Emily and my dad called her Em everyday. Something I've grown to call my daughter.

When Rick's eyes landed on his granddaughter, I knew he would be the best grandfather to her and protect her at all cost.

She's now a year and a half. She looks like Carl but is blonde. What Carl knew I wanted It feels like he made that happen what ever that means.

"mama!" i hear getting out of bed to see Rick holding her.

"Hi Em! Did grandpa find you?" I ask taking her from his arms.

"She actually found me." Rick says put a hand on her head as she lays her head down on my shoulder.

"She likes to sneak around doesn't she."

"Like her daddy did."

There was a time during my pregnancy when anyone would mention Carl, I would cry. Even after Emerson was born i'd cry thinking about him and talking about him. Now I just smile.

Rick leaves the room so I can get her ready. We live in Alexandria. Even though the Hilltop there's Maggie and Enid. Alexandria was the first place I felt safe since the prison. Enid comes to visit when she can. Maggie comes every couple of months. She's busy running a town of her own.

Me and Emerson take our morning walk like we do most mornings down to Carl's grave. Some people may think that's weird and I should wait till she's older, but it helps me when she's there. She obviously doesn't understand it that he's dead. But I show her pictures of him and she loves that.

Judith also loves Emerson. When Em was born she always wanted to hold her. Now that she's bigger Judith can't hold her as much but Michonne is pregnant and Judith is very excited for her little brother of sister. It's a little strange because this baby would technically be Emerson's aunt or uncle, but Emerson doesn't even call Judith Aunt because they are so close in age.

Emerson is just a happy little girl. If you're around her you will smile. She adorable. Always smiling and wanting to play. Rick always tells me she's just like Carl when he was her age. It makes me love her even more if that's possible. She always wants me to put her blonde hair in pigtails or braids. It's so cute. I love this little girl so much.

As for me. I'm the same person. I just have a daughter now. I miss Carl everyday. But i've learned to live with the pain I have of loosing him. Thankfully I had Emerson. She helped me learn to live with the pain. As for another boy in my life. I'm happy with just me and Em. Never say never though.
___________________________________
i kinda left it up to you if she finds another person to be with or she just going to stay with just her and Emerson.
I will be posting and alternative ending with Carl living. That will be up in the next couple days. until then please feel free to read any of the other stories I have up!