The next day, I woke before the lights came on. There was a little light from under the door however, showing just barley enough light so I could look around. I was still in the corner from the previous day, I had passed out there for the night. Why would they do this? How's this supposed to show I'm 'strong enough'? To kill my friends and be 100% okay with it or after it? I shook my head with a sigh. The lights came on. And as people started to wake, the doors opened, but no one came through. I peered out and saw someone walk in. "Brian," I growled quietly.

"Alright, this is how it's gonna go now," he started, hands folded and a smile across his face. "One of you, I'm not going to say who, but one of you tried to show off. Not to one another, but to us. That, was a big no-no. So, to the person that threw the knife," he scanned the room, before his eyes landed on me, then away, "the deal is off. If that person 'wins', everything with be okay."

I froze at the words. I knew it was obviously me, and when he said the deal was off, I was scared. I will have to hurt everyone. I have to lie, there's no way around this.

"Alright, here's your two new guys, have a good rest of your day." With that, he exited and two guys were replaced where he was. Well, I guess getting to know people is very much not going to work anymore. For now, it's me and me alone. The dark thoughts said. I had to agree with them, they aren't too far off. I take a breath and go see who the new people are. I didn't look long, nor did I really want to. I did see it was my friend Luke and my cousin Sam. I didn't look long, because I heard a faint whistle in the air, coming at and from behind me. I turned around quickly and caught the blade flying at my head. I caught it, just as the blade about brushed my nose.

"Dude what the fuck!" I heard Nugget yell at Chey. I lowered my hand, feeling the slight warmth coming from my hand. I'd grabbed the sharp edge of the blade, cutting my hand.

"She made a deal! She's the show off!" She accused. "We can't trust her!"

"So were you! You could've made it!" Tyler added.

"It doesn't matter." I stated, flipping the knife, then throwing it into the ground. "Time to get over yourself King. Or it's going to be a rough few days. Or weeks." I made my way up top the balcony. MacKenzie and Brandley made their way down as I sat. I looked at my hand to see the damage. There was big a cut all the way across my palm, and all the underside of my fingers were cut. Those ones weren't as wide as the palm though. They were deep, but not horrible. I sighed, taking my sweatshirt off and ripping the long sleeves off my dark blue shirt. I put one sleeve in my back pocket, and the other I wrapped my hand and tied it. I slipped on my sweatshirt again, and leaned my head against the wall, closing my eyes for a moment.

The rest of the day, everyone talked, messed around, or threw around some knives. I stayed up top, watching.

~~~

That next morning, I woke with the lights. The door opened and shut before anyone was even moving. I got up and looked down. Two more guys. One had reddish hair like Fanta's, but darker. But that's impossible. Only one of us can be in here at a time. I pondered. I walked down to see them. One I had barley known, Gino. And the other. I had almost gotten sick when I saw my brother. But this, was just about worse. I had to cover my month and made my way to the back of the barn, sliding down the wall when my back hit it. Trying to not get sick.

I had almost forgotten about him. He'd cross my mind a few times before, but I never held onto it for more than a minute. Nothing had happened between us, but I desperately wanted it to. But, then I disappeared and cut everyone out, then was taken back here once again. And stayed. I can't do this. I'm not making it out this time. I told myself. The others were drunkenly waking up, groaning and lazily sitting up. A few of them got up when they saw the two. One of them, happened to be my brother.

"Patty!" He cheered, breaking my heart.

"Fuck off! Turn off the light," he groaned, rolling onto his face.

"Get up!" Nugget said, pushing him with his foot. Pat groaned, sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

"The fuck you want?" He asked my brother, looking up at him. His face turned from frustration to confusion as he looked around. As his eyes landed on mine, I shook my head and went up the stairs. I pulled my legs to my chest, hands on the sides of my head, and staring off into nothingness. I was trying to control my breathing and thoughts, and trying not to totally flip out or scream, or cry. A knife appeared and broke my focus onto the object. I stare at it, thinking.

I hit 'fuck it', grabbed it, rolled up my sleeve and drew a long, deep cut. I did it once, twice, then a third time. Silent tears fell onto my arm and the ground. The weapon disappeared from my hand, and I reach backwards to grab the other sleeve. I wrap it around my arm best I could, then I lay back. Listening to people talk or hear them messing around.

The floor creaked next to me, and I saw Pat. I moved backwards into a corner as much as I could as he got closer. "Jase, you okay?" He asked.

"Stop," I stuttered, putting a hand out. "Please just, walk away."

"Talk to me. You ran when you saw me, see you."

"I can't tell you," my voice cracked into a whisper. "Go hang out with my brother. Help me by doing that." I told him. He wasn't having it, and sat right in front of me.

"You know I'm not leaving until you talk to me."

"I've been through Hell and back, you won't brake me. You'll sit there for days and days." I told him.

"Jase, tell me something. Anything."

"Fine," I growl. "I'm sorry. For everything. And you want me to tell you something, it won't matter after this so, I love you." I grabbed the sides of his face and pulled him into a kiss. I let go and pulled away. Getting up, and walking to the other side of the balcony. Pat shook his head, disappointed, and went back down.

I sat with my thoughts until dark. Thinking what I'm going to do in two days. Tomorrow is the last day, all 12 of us will be together and still alive. Then, we go to the arena and fight. And kill.