You Again pt 1

Characters

 District Attorney Rhodes

Luna James

"Double shot espresso with extra cream for Luna", yelled the Barista in the local coffee shop. Luna made her way towards the counter where she collected the coffee saying a low thank you. She made her way out of the shop towards her car, pulling off to her job.

Luna was a well known Defence Attorney. She's had to advocate for people she knew damn well we're guilty but she put that aside because it was a job she decided to do. As evil as it sounded, all she cared about was securing the bag and with this route it was way more than secured.

However, she had recently gotten a Drug Lord who ran half the streets of New York City a severely reduced sentence. His sentence had gone from 80 years to 25 years and parole after 12 years. Everyone knew about this and everyone and they mama was mad. Her family couldn't believe she had defended someone that vile and very few of her friends stuck around after that.

What could she say? It was part of the job description. When her firm tells her what cases to take up, she'd do just that.

Getting to the parking lot of the firm, Luna parked her car in her reserved space which said: Luna James and underneath it read: Junior Partner. Her Red Bottoms graced the pavement which led her towards the elevator up to her floor. Adjusting the jacket of her pantsuit, she pressed the button to bring the elevator to the basement level. She got on the empty elevator and when she reached the floor all eyes were focused on her. With a smirk on her face, Luna walked confidently across the room towards her well deserved office where she found her secretary already there.

"Good morning Miss James. You have another message from District Attorney Rhodes. He says that he'd like to speak with you and will be here today at 4pm", LaTisha, her secretary said causing Luna to roll her eyes. She had been avoiding his ass for the past few weeks which had worked out well for her in the past but his visits were becoming to regular it became harder to create any excuses.

"Remind me to be out of the office by 330 today", she said before continuing to her office. Taking off the jacket to her suit, she placed her bag onto her desk and plopped her ass onto the chair before spinning for a few seconds. Getting her head in the game, she decided to start doing some work.