Four

Annabeth's POV

        John was missing. We were in the ballot counting room. The commitee was assembled, except for John. They were going to wait for him for two more minutes, if he didn't show up by then, they'd just start without him. We waited. he didn't come, so they started counting. Various candidates peered over the shoulders of the committemen.

...orange, orange, orange, blue, green, green, green, green, purple, orange, orange, green, yellow, green, green, green, green, green, orange, green.

"And, done. Green wins!"

Cindy's POV

        I heard the words as if in a daze. "Green wins!" Now there would be a secondary election to determine which green it would be. I still hadn't forgotten seeing John run into the forest. He was quickly becoming a very good friend to me. I knew Annabeth was his best friend. I decided to go to her for help.

---------------------------------------------------------

As soon as she sees me, she goes, "I don't want to talk to you. You'd only get my spirits down when all I wanna do party!"

"This is important!", I insisted.

"Fine. You have two minutes."

"John is missing."

"Yeah, I noticed. If this is a game that you two are playing, you can stop."

"No. It's not a game. He's really gone."

"If you've done something to my best friend..."

"I'd never hurt him! I saw him run into the woods before the ballots were to get counted. He appeared to be chases by four dark cloaked men."

"Oh. Well... Maybe they weren't after him?"

"I was thinking we should go after him."

"And I thought I was going to party. Let's go save John."

A/N

I'll upload an author's note in the form of a chapter later.