Nine

John's POV

        As soon as our boat came out of the portal, we were assualted with the strong scent of cooking pig guts. "What is that?", Cindy asked, appalled.

"They appear to be eating them.", I replied.

"What exactly are they eating?"

"Y'all want a hot dog?", someone yelled from the beach, from a spot where the smell was particularly strong. He sounded odd, pronouncing his words stranglely

"Hot dogs, apparently.", I said to Cindy. "Sure!", I yelled to the man on the beach, trying to imitate his accent. "We'll be right there!"

"We may as well try them, see what humans eat.", I said to Annabeth and Cindy.

-------------

"These are... different.", said Cindy.

"What are you talking about? They're downright horrible!", said Annabeth.

"I kind of like them.", I said.

We were eating hot dogs on the beach. Clearly, we all had different tastes in food.

"I don't think this is what humans ate last time our people were here."

"Yes, and they didn't have automated metal carrieges or buildings taller than the tallest of trees. Obviously, they have progressed. Their society has advanced, and we didn't know."

Annabeth's POV

Great. Fantastic. Just bloody brilliant. What else don't we know about the humans? Do they know about us? One could look at their reaction to our appearance and decide either way. Maybe he is so used to seeing people pop up out of thin air in the middle of the ocean that it's not even a special occurence anymore. Or maybe he didn't notice; or if he did notice, he passed it off as a trick of the eyes. 

Anyway, obviously, our information about humans is outdated. We can safely say we don't know them anymore. 

Cindy's POV

Ok. So we barely know the humans anymore. We'll just have to gather new, updated information and nor rely on the old information. I'm not sure if we should still take John to a hospital. He seems to be feeling better, he certainly is looking better, but he wouldn't tell us if he was feeling badly. He doesn't want to come across as complaining.

Basically, we are in a world which we know nothing about and they have the only remedy to John's ailment. We have to get their help while not giving them too much information about ourselves. Piece of cake.

John's POV

Cindy and Annabeth both told me their viewpoints on our predicament. We discussed the matter together and decided to simply wander around and explore a bit before going to the hospital. I'm feeling alright and think I have loads of time before the venom takes effect. We need to observe this world of the humans and see how they interact with one another and with the planet itself. Then we can try to blend in so as not to draw attention to ourselves. Just the thoght of finding out so much, gathering so much new knowledge, was so exciting! I couldn't wait to see the rest of the human world.

A/N

So, now the rest of the world. 

What do you think so far?