Eight

Annabeth's POV

"Is that it? Is that the place?", I asked.

We had been travelling for a while and had finally reached the portal. It is mostly in the middle of the ocean, but we were standing on the single corner of it on land, at the tip of a peninsula the humans call Florida. The exact location of the portal changes every so often, but it is always within the confines of what the humans have dubbed the "Bermuda Triangle." Apparently they call it this because of disappearances and other strange occurences inside its borders. Hello, those disappearances are people passing through the portal, anyone thought of that? Humans! Blind, they are. Don't even realize when it's right in front of their bloody eyes! Anyway, back to us.

"Yes! We've made it!", Cindy exclaimed.

"Wait, don't get excited yet. We still have to find the actual portal.", John put in.

"Oh, way to crash a perfectly adequate celebration."

As we were thinking how we could find the portal, Cindy said, "Look!" and pointed into the distance on the water. And indeed, there was a boat which suddenly disappeared.

"Well, that was easy.", said John happily.

"What about getting there? Where are we supposed to get a boat?"

"Look!", Cindy said again, pointing to a man who was renting out boats on the beach.

"Great! Let's go talk to him.", I said.

This way, we obtained a boat rode out to the approximate place where we saw the guy disappear. He reappeared while we were at it, almost on top of us. We zeroed in on the portal and started heading towards it. We were only about ten metres away, but the boat had practically flown out, maybe it had been on the crest of a wave when it went through. When we got one metre away from it, John said, "Are you ready?" and we went through.

So, what'dja think? What horrors will our young heroes encounter among humans.

Sorry it's short, I'll try to make it longer next time.