Ten

Annabeth's POV

We had conferred and decided to start with the land form we were on. Last time our people had been here, the civilisation here was much more natural and in tune with the earth. Mind you, their practice of offering sacrifices to their gods was a bit disturbing, but overall, they were a good people.

The world had changed enough that now these people were polluting, making and using chemicals, just generally doing things harmful to both them and the planet. They even looked different. They dressed differently too, wearing clothes that looked like they had been made by children in a sweatshop on the other side of the planet in what they call "China." We had to find out what happened to the indegenous people. John, being the colossal idiot that he is, went ahead and asked.

"Where are the people that used to live here?", he asked a heavily sunburnt man who was appling a thick layer of a white cream.

"What do you mean?

"I mean, the people that lived here before you. They followed the bison and slept in teepees."

"What? What do you mean by here?"

"Here, on this continent."

"Oh!", siad the man his confused face clearing up. "You mean the Native Americans!"

"Well, yes, they were native to this land you call America, but where are they?"

"Oh, I don't know. I think they're extinct or something."

"Oh, well ok. Goodbye."

This last part was a bit unexpected. It caught us off guard. Luckily, Europe had had the same countries, abeit eith different borders and slightly different names, and the mashups had been separated.

"Wait! Where are y'all from? You have a British accent."

"British? It's actually English. Northern English to be precise. We're from around Manchester."

"Oh. Alrighty then. Thanks. Enjoy your stay in America. Bye!" He walked off.
"Well, I suppose we must be in America. Nice lie, by the way. I know you've always been good at human geography.", said John.
"Yes, apparently we are. I've heard it's a relatively big country. And thank you. I do so enjoy making things up. Do you want to see the rest or cross the ocean to Europe?"
"I dunno. We should see the rest, I suppose."
"Alright then. We are in the extreme southeast. Let's go west, and then northeast and cross the ocean."
"Great. What transportation do humans use?"
"Small gasoline-powered vehicles called cars and large diesel-powered ones called busses. Also, trains, boats, and flying machines called aeroplanes."
"Alright, I think we should use a car. Where can we get one?"
"First off, I agree with you. And I believe cars can be rented."
"Great! Let's go rent a car!", John said enthusiastically.
"I'm not sure it'll be that simple." I replied, chuckling.

A/N
So, now they're ACTUALLY going to see the rest of the world. Sorry for the false alarm last time. :)
I feel like there should be a villain besides the frog. I'm considering bringing Torchwood into it, but I was kind of going to keep this story free of any element of television. Any suggestions? Should I use the same idea under a different name or would that be copyright infringement?