Alone. Ch. 12

Annabeth's POV

The peace is unusual. Usually I had Percy around me cracking lame jokes or doing something stupid. The dreams have stopped too. Was there something going on?

Come on Annabeth. use that brain of yours and figure something out! I thought to myself in frustration. Unfortunately, nothing came to me at the moment. The camps schedule kept me busy though. I had spare time to think to myself or catch up with friends, but I thinks its fair to say.

That I miss Percy.

Gods that feels weird coming out of my mouth. I had arts and crafts one period and I found myself with nothing to do. Beading bracelets was a fun summer activity and all, but to be honest its not on the top of my to do list. I thought back to the beginning of this month when we worked to find Alatar.

I wonder how Alatar is doing?

I scanned the class hoping I'd spot him here. Being a new camper is hard, though my newbie days are far behind me. I spot the top of what seemed to be his black haired head in the crowd. I grabbed my box of beads and shuffled over. 

"Hey there," I greeted awkwardly.

He turned and looked up. Thank god it was actually Alatar and not some random kid.

"Hi," He replied half heartily.

I sat down and opened the box of beads. As I strung one onto the bracelet I asked, "How's Camp Half-Blood treating you so far?" 

"Well. They have good food I guess. And its sorta fun to beat Percy in sword fights," he joked,

He's seen Percy before? And beat him in a sword fight? 

"Oh ookay," I replied and strung a pink bead on. I glanced over at his bracelet. It was red with yellow and gold beads. Some that glittered. "Interesting choice of color," I noted.

He only nodded, "I thinks its pretty," 

Small talk was so awkward. I would need a steel pickax to break this ice.

Percy's POV

Man, have i been losing my touch? Its been some time after I've been beaten in a sword fight. Its probably not a big deal.. right?

Crafts period is always a nice relaxing break from everything. Of course I grabbed a brown ribbon and a handful of blue beads. Some were sparkly. Yay!

Stringing on after the other was a tad boring. I got up to hopefully find a trident in the bead box to add as a centerpiece. At the same time I spotted Annabeth out of the corner of my peripheral vision. She was moving toward. My eyes followed the path she was taking. She was heading towards Alatar.

I lingered in my spot a bit longer. They had pretty forced small talk when Annabeth sat down. I felt a twinge of jealousy erupt like a geyser inside me. I forced myself to look away and rummage through the box to find a trident. While I was searching I found an owl. 

My hand hovered over that bead. I could make a bracelet for Annabeth. No I need to avoid her. For her own good! I chastised myself. In the end I grabbed a trident and the owl. I'll just slip it underneath her pillow when she isn't there. I thought. 

We were drifting further and further apart and it was all my fault. Or was it that weird person in my nightmares fault? I grabbed a second grey string and a small box of gold and silver beads. Not real of course. Finishing up my own bracelet I tied it around my wrist. Then I moved onto Annabeth's.

Gold, silver, gold, silver. The pattern was pretty. 

Authors Note: My life is sad. But thats nothing new really...but I bet that you don't have to read your own chapters to get views. T ^ T. Please let me know I'm not alone in this world. I'll even take criticism in the comments. Help encourage my will to write. It accepts donations.