body image

Fat.

Ugly.

Worthless.

Unloved.

Burden.

Gabe bolted up in bed a panting sweating mess. His normally curly blonde hair now stuck down across his forehead and neck. The wprds from his dream bringing on wave after wave of nausea.

He bolted to the bathroom, reaching the toilet in time to throw up what little he had eaten that day. Heaving and gagging into the bowl until he felt nothing coming up, but he didn't dare move yet.

His small frame shook violently on the cold tile floor as he waited for the tremmors and nausea to finjsh wrecking his body.

Gabriel had been human for almost three months now. He had burned up the rest of his grace bringing all three members of TFW back from the brink of death after a particularly bad demon hunt which ended in them being jumped from all sides by almost a half dozen demons.

Nothing much had changed for him really since he had been low on grace still. But the one change that stuck out the most was that his body now gained weight. It had taken Gabriel a bit to realize this but by then, he had already developed a slight pouch in his stomache that made him feel sick to look at.

Evwn tbough Sam had repeatedly told him it didn't matter and that he still loved him no matter how he looked, Gabe still hated it, and he hated himself for allowing it to happen.

He tried dieting like Sam and Cas, but after 3 weeks, he only seemed to gain more weight. The only next step was for him to stop eating all together.

He was three weeks into his new "diet" and even with the constant hunger pains, he could see a small difference, though it wasnt enough. Every time he toughed his stomach or thighs his mind screamed at him.

Fat!

Ugly!

And it was only worse when he saw and of the others. Even under Sams many ahirts, Gabe could still make out his flattoned stomach.

And whwn ever he was on the Same room as Dean he couldn't help compaeing how muscular his arms and legs were compared to his own which were cpvered in nothing but fat.

Gabr hated it. He hated himself.

What little he had thrown up had been what Sam had made him for their anniversary dinner. He didn't know how he had managed to hold onto his hunter for a year, but he knew that if he didn't get rid of his weight problem soon, he wouldn't have him much longer.

Sam slid the key into his and Gabes hotel room door. He had gone out to the library while Gabe had opted for a nap after their dinner. Sam wasn't stupid. He had spebt the last two hours researching eating disorders and body dysmorphia, trying to find a way to bring it up to his boyfriend. Anyone with eyes could see that Gabriel was starving himself bad. Even Dean had expressed his concern over the ex- archangel, but Sam had convinced him to let him handle it. He figured that Gabe didn't want them to corner him like an animal and demand answers.

He walked into the room and immediately noriced Gabe crouched over the toilet.

Sam dropped his books on the floor and ran to the mans side.

"Gabe? What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Sam noticed, with a bit of dread, that Gabriel was freezing cold and shivering, and that he had seemed tohave thrown up all of the small dinner Sam had made.

"Sam...?"

Gabe turned, looking up at the hunter with tear stained eyes and cheeks.

"Gabe? What happened to you sweetheart?"