12. Epilogue

It had been two years since anybody had heard from him. I had multiple visits from the neighbors on the street, sending me their condolences and apologies.
Ever since they found my brothers boat drifted into one of the neighboring towns, abandoned, the search for my nephew had been tireless. I encouraged them to stop, but they wouldn't listen. However, after a couple months, hope dimished, and slowly the search for Keith became less and less, until there he was nothing more than a sad name spread round the streets.
"I'm sorry if it seems I'm intruding but, Takashi, why aren't you upset?" I only laughed at my friend who had come to visit me every once in awhile, now that I actually had to be independent when the time called for it.
"Hunk, you don't get it," I chuckled. "He's not dead, the brats perfectly fine."
He stopped the bottle brought to his lips and looked at me pitifully.
"No I serious," I grunted as he rolled his eyes. "I see him every once in awhile, ya know?He visits me just to make sure I'm not dead yet. What a kind kid, huh?" Hunk scoffed and stood up stretching.
"Ahhhhh Shi your drivin me crazy man. So where is he then?" He asked, playing along with my supposed game.
"Down by the docks with this little Cuban boy, they're always in the water though. Funny, he wouldn't go near it and now he won't even come out to give his uncle a hug."
"Your insane man," he said hitting me in the back of the head as he walked out. "I'll bring you dinner later, try not to kill yourself till then," he sang.
"Same to you," I taunted back, and leaned back in my chair, pulling out a small little shell that had been tucked in my pocket. I closed my eyes and sighed, holding it against my chest.
"Thanks Keith," I muttered, falling asleep to the faint sound of waves in my ears.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, this was my first semi long story so ya know I tried
Anyways I love the support! And if anybody happens to like my shit writing sound off I'd love some ideas about another story!
And if you didn't, then I humbly thank you for wasting your time on my writing in particular.
🖤:)