Chapter 5

The next morning Louis woke up and had a usual routine. At first he was lazy, staying in bed and going on his phone until the very last minute. He would then rush out of bed, quickly doing his hair to where it was messy, but stylish and dress in black skinny jeans along with a white graphic t-shirt.

He then went downstairs, grabbing a banana and peeled it, taking a bite while seeing his father cook some eggs. Thankfully his dad does work a lot, but mornings is usually the one time he's free. It's been awkward living with his dad, but he's slowly getting use to it and the two are getting closer.

"Do you ever have a day off?" Louis asked curiously, finishing up his banana before tossing the peel in the trash can and wiped his hands on his jeans, not feeling like using a paper towel that was too far away, high up on the fridge.

Sadly, his father shook his head and placed his eggs on a plate. He sat across from Louis and told him with a exhausted expression,"No, I work full time every day. But, I'm sometimes off on Christmas and I can take time off if I want."

"How come you don't?" He pressed, eyebrows furrowed slightly not understand why people don't request time off if they're allowed to. Louis is lazy, except when it comes to sports. He can be active, but only when he wants to.

His father shrugged,"I never had a reason to. It's almost time for you to head out, want something to drink before you go?"

Louis shook his head, getting up and grabbed his bag from the living room. He felt bad that his dad was left alone his adult life, he can't imagine not being around someone and wondered if his dad had friends. After saying goodbye and getting his phone off his charger, Louis left and was happy to see Cassidy walking to school too. 

He rushed up towards her, poking her shoulder and she turned, exclaiming happily,"Louis! How's my bi-buddy?"

"Are you disappointed I'm not fully gay or something? I know girls like having gay best friends, but don't worry. I lean more towards guys anyways," He assured, then winced when she elbowed him in the side. The girl had pointy elbows.

As they chatted a bit while walking, Louis spotted a familiar head of dark curls walking on the other side of the road. Harry had a grey book bag hanging on one shoulder, gripping with his freakishly large hands. He was wearing black, skin tight jeans and a black shirt as well that clung to his body. He then had on a pair of boots that actually looked good of him.

A urge to talk to the boy swept through Louis and he looked both ways before crossing the road, hearing Cassidy follow and ignored her confused expression. However, before he could approach Harry, she grabbed his arm and tugged him back.

"What the hell are you doing?" She gasped quietly, making sure Harry was a safe distance away, not wanting him to overhear her. "Are you trying to get yourself killed? That guy murdered someone!"

Louis scoffed,"No, really? I thought he was arrested for robbing Toys R Us!"

"I'm not playing around, I know you're new here and that's why I'm trying to protect you. Harry Styles is not someone you want to talk to, let alone be friends with. Take my advice and keep a distance between him," She said, leading him back to their regular path to school.

As much as he appreciated her reason behind what she said, he felt like everyone was judging Harry without even giving him a chance. If someone would just ignore the murder part, then maybe Harry would be a nice guy. But, of course this generation was full of stubborn and hard-headed people. 

When they got to school, there was already a crowd of people shouting and crowding around a locker. Louis rushed through, curious as to what was happening and saw some guy shouted at Niall, pushing him against a locker and sneering,"So you're into the whole murdering huh? Well, what would you do if I killed you here and now?!"