13

Luke, Calum and Michael appeared at the end of my drive. They rushed over and held my body as Mum and Dad also came outside.

"NO! HONEY NO!"

Then I blacked out...

"Nyla?"

I opened my eyes to see Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton leaning over me.

"Hey guys." I coughed.

Everything was on show. The hospital had put me in my lingerie so surgery was easier to perform then let me wear a dressing gown. Even so, the dressing gown was too small and so they saw everything. All of my abuse scars, all of my bullying scars, all my own scars, everything!

"Why?" Ashton whimpered.

"I'm worthless. I'm trash. I'm emo. I'm fat. I'm ugly. I'm stupid. I'm-"

"None of those things. Nyla you are the most beautiful girl in the world. Will you do the honours of being my girlfriend?" Luke blushed.

I nodded and smiled as he hugged me.

"Kiss me silly." I giggled and soon our lips collided.

Like always, I felt fireworks and kissed back. We'd been on five dates and they were perfect. But word got out so the bullying got worse from Esme, Brooke and Temi.

My mum and dad rushed into the room and held me tightly as they kissed me all over my face.

"I love you baby girl so much and so you're in recovery for a month. We want you too get better."

I nodded although I didn't want it and kissed them back.

"The school needs to speak with us so we have to go, bye."

The boys could see that I was annoyed so they all tried to cheer me up.

"You'll have fun in recovery. You might meet some new friends."

Sighing, I nodded and stared at my fat stomach. As I wrapped the dressing gown tightly enough around me, they cast me looks of pity but I shrugged it off and looked around.

A white curtain was wrapped around all the other beds.

"Why did you come?" I snapped at Ashton "WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE ME TO DIE?"

I couldn't control myself. Everything inside of me broke.

"WHY WOULD I NYLA? I LOVE YOU! YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND."

"I DON'T DESERVE TO FUCKING LIVE! I HATE LIFE!"

"NYLA FUCKING LISTEN WE LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT?" Luke shouted.

"WHY DO YOU LOVE ME? WHY AM I HERE? WHY SHOULD ANY ONE EVEN GIVE A SHIT?"

I began to cry as I screamed.

"LISTEN! WE LOVE YOU! WE NEED YOU TO LIVE!"

Shaking, I undid my dressing gown and pulled up the sleeves.

"You love this?"

"Yes Nyla, we do. You're beautiful." Luke whispered then Karen came in.

"Get out." Ashton hissed "YOU'RE ANOTHER REASON NYLA IS HERE! YOU FEED HER ADDICTION!"

Karen ignored him and sat by my side.

"I'm gonna break you out of here."

"No you're not." Calum spat at her.

"We're gonna run away and have fun." Karen whispered.

I smiled weakly at her and nodded.

"Fun."

Then I grabbed onto the side of the bed and sat up.

"I'll live my own life. I'll find fun. I'll do what I want. Because the truth is, i'm scared of reality."