XI | The Winter Event

It was cold outside, but I felt hot.

Sweat was falling off my forehead.

I was running. Someone was chasing me.

The person wanted to hurt me. I remember being scared for my life. I was so scared, Kyungsoo.

The streets were empty, although there were a few people walking here and there.

But they didn't care that someone was after me. The people didn't know me, why would they care?

So I kept running. I kept running from this person.

I remember turning into an alley, and I cursed myself for it. It was a dead end.

But I still ran there, hoping that I escaped whoever was chasing me.

I thought I was safe in that dark alley, but I tripped and... everything turned to black.

After the trip to the amusement park, Nari regained a bit of her memory

After the trip to the amusement park, Nari regained a bit of her memory. Although not everything, but she remembered the part where she died.

It was still vague, but Kyungsoo thought it was very helpful. It was a lot of steps towards the answer they were looking for.

He just confirmed that someone did murder her. She didn't die from an accident.

But who was it?

That part was still unanswered, however. But at least there definitely was progress.

He couldn't wait to tell his friends about what Nari confessed. He knew they will be thrilled, not because she was murdered, of course. But because they now know the real cause of her death.

All they had to do was find out who did it.

It wouldn't be easy. It proved to be more difficult, especially because her "friends" were making it so.

On the last week of November, Kyungsoo and his friends tried to talk to them again. They made the effort to disguise their interviews as a contribution for the article that Kyungsoo was writing, so they wouldn't suspect anything.

The article was doing well so far. Kyungsoo, Minseok, and Yeoreum, the most active members of Seoul Daily as of the month, have gotten almost every information they deemed helpful for the commemorative article.

But on the subject of her death, more specifically her murder, they have none, aside from what Nari remembered.

None of the five people they talked to were still willing to speak out the truth, which makes Kyungsoo and his friends even more suspicious of them.

He was convinced that they had something to do with it. If not all of them, at least one of them.

They were too good of a liar, he thought. Especially Haeun.