VI | The Missing Student

When the ghost girl opened her eyes, she found herself in front of her house.

She wasn't sure how long she's been there, or how long her eyes were closed. She doesn't remember what she's been doing in the past hours, or days.

All she knew for certain was that she was dead, and she feels cold.

So she was sure it was close to relief that she was feeling, if she was even allowed to feel anything, when she saw her house.

Or maybe it was the fact that she saw Kyungsoo coming out of the front door.

He was politely shaking the man's hand while saying goodbye.

She saw him smile kindly to the middle-aged couple before he turned to walk towards the pathway leading to the street, and he was surprised to see her.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened before he blinked several times. Then he walked hurriedly towards her.

"Hi," he greeted excitedly, smiling. "You finally appeared."

His words made her think just how long she's been gone again because truthfully, she doesn't know. Time flies by at an uncertain speed for roaming souls like her.

She almost chuckled and was about to come back with a witty remark about being required to show herself when he spoke up, shocking her instead.

"Nice to meet you, Nari."

Kyungsoo was smiling at her. Meanwhile, her eyes were wide.

Nari.

She blinked several times before she uttered a small "hey."

"I finally found out your name. You are Jeon Nari."

Suddenly, flashes of scenes appeared in her mind, reminding her of her previous life. It was fast and it almost made her dizzy, if she could even feel dizzy.

Kyungsoo watched as her figure appeared and disappeared rapidly right before his eyes, as if her soul was glitching.

It went on for about half a minute, until she materialized once again. She examined her own body, looking at her hands and trying to make sure she was still there.

So far, she was.

Kyungsoo tried to see if there were any changes to her, reaching out for her right shoulder. His hand went through it, not surprising him.

She was still just a soul.

However, he did notice how she looked clearer and more visible than before. It made him smile.

Maybe her memories are coming back, he thought.

"I... I think I remember my life, Kyungsoo." Nari spoke up.