Chapter 28

Y O U ' R E B E A U T I F U L ,
S A M A N T H A

Sam's POV

Luke spends the night at my house. The next day, when I wake up at 10am with Luke next to me in bed, it feels like a dream. I look over at him and admire how he looks, his fuzzy blonde hair all messy due to his tossing and turning. His soft pink lips pouting because of whatever he's dreaming about. He looks so peaceful yet serious, but I can tell he needs all the sleep he can get.

We're headed out to another party tonight in celebration of us reuniting and fixing our relationship.

Because I can't fall back asleep, I roll out of bed and walk into the bathroom. It's chilly being out from under the blankets and away from Luke. He's always so warm. Quickly, I brush my hair and teeth. Then, I tiptoe out of the room and downstairs, where I make Luke his favorite kind of omelette, along with toast with vegimite on it. On top of that, I prepare a smoothie as well.

Once it's all finished, I walk upstairs and crawl back into bed, giving him a little shake. He just grumbles and flips over, so I shake him harder. "Luke, I made you an omelette. Your favorite," I coo, continuing to gentle shake him.

"Okay, okay, I'm awake," He turned back over, looking up at me with a sleepy smile. He rubs his eyes and puts his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me down for a quick kiss, earning a giggle from me.

"Let's go eat," I crawl back out of the bed and hold my hand out for him to take. He reached up and our fingers lace together. I'm sure to go slow as I pull him out of the room and downstairs, I know he's very slow when he wakes up.

He sits down at the bar and I serve him his breakfast, then fix a simple bowl of cereal for myself. "If I had known, I would've cooked for you." Luke informs me, a pout on his face.

"I just thought I'd give you a little thank you breakfast for forgiving me." I shrug, smiling over at him and taking a bite of cereal.

"You're cute," He laughs and starts shoving his face full with my food, humming because it's apparently so delicious.

After eating breakfast, we head to the living room and sit around watching the cooking channel because we're both sluts for food. By the time we finish a little over half of a season of cake boss, it's time to get ready.

Luke heads home, and I'm left to head upstairs and do my makeup. I make sure to do it perfectly. I want Luke to be proud I'm his girlfriend and I want him to be happy he took me back. Adding onto my makeup, I put on a crop top and high waisted jeans, then slip on converse and a few rings. When I finish, it only takes another 10 minutes for Luke to text me he's waiting in my driveway.

My heart beats fast as I make my way to my front door and walk out, running a hand through my hair. I've come to realize my body has already adjusted to the hot Australian air. I get into Luke's car and we're off.

When we get to the party, we're greeted by loud music and a full house. There are a few people smoking outside on the porch, red solo cups in their hands. The typical cliché party scene.

We walk inside, hand in hand. Eventually, we find Ashton and Calum, who are already high and drunk of course. That's not really a surprise. Calum has a lit cigarette in his hand, Ash has a glass of some fancy drink, much stronger than beer. It's obvious by their mannerisms that they've been going extra hard.

As soon as we walk up to them, there's a smile on my face. All my worries disappear into thin air as I pick up a cup of beer and drink some.

We all decide to split off, even Luke and I. This was his test to see if he was really committed to being with me and able to control himself.

I sit down at the bar in the kitchen, watching everyone mingle. It doesn't take long for a boy to sit down beside me. When I turn to look at him, I'm greeted by a familiar face. I forget his name and think so hard as I look at this easily recognizable. Then, it finally came to me, Bruce.

He smiled at me, his smile seemed eerie this time. It wasn't kind like the last time I saw him. "Hey, Bruce." I greeted.

"Took you long enough to remember my name." He scowled, taking a sip out of the dark bottle of beer in his hand.

"I'm a forgetful person, I guess." I respond, swirling my drink around in my cup. This was so awkward.

"You should probably be polite and look at a man when he's talking to you, yeah?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I faced him, probably looking annoyed as hell. "Damn, no need to get sassy with me. Just a guy looking for a familiar face in a room full of strangers."

"Yeah, well, I'm not familiar. We've met once." It was hard to focus on him. "It's not like we had any intimacy before anyway."

"Doesn't mean we can't now." He smirks, biting his lip and totally eye-fucking me. "You know you're beautiful, right, Samantha?"

Something about him using my full name sent shivers down my spine. "Don't say that, I have a boyfriend." I told him.

"So?" He laughed, a sort of cackle escaping his thin lips. "You and I should get out-"

To my rescue, Luke appears behind me. His hand moves protectively around me and he looked from Bruce to me. "I think I've got this one, mate."

"Mhm," Bruce's demeanor completely changes. I swear, the look on his face told me everything. If he had a gun in that moment, he'd totally shoot Luke in the face.

"Let's go, Sam." Luke mumbles into my ear. My hand quickly slips into his and we walk out of the kitchen.

"Let's find Ash and Cal," He suggests, pulling me through the house. "I'm not comfortable with you being here while that guy is."

I nod, swallowing hard. We walk upstairs and knock on all the doors. We finally find Ashton in bed with a random girl. It breaks my heart seeing him like that. He looks so confused and lost. We toss him his clothes from the floor and then wait for him outside.

When Ash joins us in the hallway, we go off and find Cal in a group of people, watching people play darts. Luke tugs him away and we hurry outside.

"What the fuck is happening?" Calum asks angrily, clearly upset about having to leave the party.

"Some dude in there is trying to get with Sam. It was creepy as hell, I don't want him near her. This is scary as shit, he wouldn't stop violating her." Luke explains, glancing over at me as he opens the door for me. I climb into the car while Ash and Cal get into the backseat. Luke closes my door and walks around to his side of the car.

With that, we go back to my house since Luke, Ashton, and Calum are way too drunk and stoned to go home to their families. We all decided to sleep on the couches in the living room to protect each other from the so called 'bad meanie heads.'