Chapter 5

Alex's POV

"Eagles we have a test in marine biology tomorrow" Daniel says entering the clubhouse. He had a disappointed expression on his face. One of utter annoyance.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Hey Kelley. Wanna study together" I ask walking over to the girl in the window seal. Her figure casts a shadow on to the clubhouse floor.

"Sure I made flash cards we can use to quiz each other." She says grabbing a bunch of little note cards.

Kelley hands me the flash cards and I begin to quiz her on them.

"Organisms that use chemicals to get energy" I asks Kelley for the first vocabulary term.

"That's a Chemotroph" She says as I shake my head to say she got it right.

"What is the relationship between two animals where they both benefit" I ask next.

"Mutualism"

"A parasite that lives on the outside of an animal. It benefits while the animal is harmed."

"Ectoparasite"

xxxxxxxxxx

"You guys did mediocre. But there was one who got a one hundred percent" Ms. McGill our teacher says.

"Let me guess, Alex with the prodigy mother he has" Parker laughs.

"No actually it was Mrs. Fliehler" McGill says to Parker's dismay his joke was just trashed.

"I need her as my study buddy next test" Brooke comments.

"I'll stick with what I got" Kelley states looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Get a room already" Sophie says to Kelley and I as both Kelley and I turn a flush red in the face.

xxxxxxxxxx

Kelley's POV

"What happened in science was hella awkward"  I say as Alex and I walk down the beach.

"Indeed it was. But I was wondering, would you go out with me" he asks locking eyes with me.

"If you're willing to accept my flaws then yes" I remark putting my arms around his neck.

"Of course" he says pulling me in for a kiss.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Wanna watch a movie" I ask Alex when we are back in the clubhouse.

"What movie" Alex asks jumping onto my bed.

"Transformers 2" I say pulling the movie from my movie case and putting it into my laptop on my lap.

"Cool never seen it" Alex says.