A New Life with New Adventures pt2

Dianne PoV
"Auntie Di, Uncle Joe!" Henry said, opening the door for Joe and I.

"Hi bud" Joe said picking his three year old nephew up, kissing his head.

"Uncle Joe I in peschool nowd" he told Joe, wrapping his hands around Joe's neck.

"Who was it Hen?" We heard Zoe ask, as Harriet started to cry, fed up of her car seat.

"It Uncle Joe and Auntie Di, Mummy" he said, as Zoe came round the corner holding a giggling Connie.

"Hi guys, come in," she said, hugging each of us.

Joe walked ahead and I followed putting the car seat down, getting the crying girl out. I rested her in the crook my arm and fished a dummy out of the nappy bag to try and soothe her.

"We the first sis?" Joe asked, as he stroked Harriet's hair, trying to calm her.

"No Mum and Amanda are next door doing the food." Zoe told him, as she placed Connie down to play.

As if on que Tracy cane around the corner, an apron on. "Ah Joe, Dianne! And of course little Harriet," Tracy said, hugging each of us, kissing Hat on the head.

"Hi Tracy, sorry little one's not very happy about being in a car seat for over 2 hours." I explained, switching Harriet to my shoulder, patting her back.

"Oh bless her, can I?" Tracy offered, holding her hands out. I nodded and handed the whimpering baby over to her. Surprisingly Harriet stopped crying immediately, big blue eyes staring up at her nanny.

"How've you three been then?" Zoe asked, all 4 of us adults sitting on the couch.

"Good, Di started work yesterday and I looked after Harri for the whole day." Joe said, wrapping his arm around my side.

"Ah, how was that Joeseph, okay?" Tracy asked, holding the dummy in a very calm Harriet's mouth.

"Yeah, struggled when she cried but I managed to get her down at a pretty reasonable time." Joe explained, as Connie toddled over to him and held her hands up.

"He fell asleep in the process mind," I added, with a laugh, as Joe lifted his niece onto his lap.

"Did he?" Tracy said surprised, as she rubbed Hattie's tummy.

"Yeah, do you want to see?" I offered taking my phone out, pulling up the video I had taken yesterday. Tracy nodded and I showed her.

"That is so cute Joe, look at you both" Zoe said, making Joe blush. Connie was patting his head now.

"Isn't it, anyway how have you guys been keeping? Well?" I asked Zoe and Joe's mum.

"Yeah, as I'm sure Hen told you he started preschool 3 times a week so we've been getting into the swing of things. And Con is walking now so that's been an adventure." Zoe explained, giving Connie a toy to play with.

"I can't believe how big they both are, seems like just yesterday I was holding Henry for the first time." Joe reminisced, as he played with Connie making my heart flutter.

"I know it's like I've blinked. But it must feel the same you guys, I mean look at her she's just getting bigger and bigger." Zoe said gesturing to Hat, who looked as though she was well overdue for a nap.

"Uh huh, I was just crying yesterday watching all of the videos of her from June and July." I nodded, kissing Harriet's hand.

"I just don't believe how big all my grandbabies are" Tracy beamed, looking at each of her grandchildren.