The Fourth Musketeer [2]

A/N - there will be a lot of vulgar language , just letting you know 

[Naomi's point of view]

The boss kept ranting to me, or in my perspective, annoyingly complain about how bad the Musketeers are. Don't get me wrong, I understand that always losing to a gang that mostly consists of three people can get pretty annoying when your own gang has like ten. But c'mon, getting mad over taking territories that aren't even that great? 

It's literally just the same thing with first graders and sandboxes. 

The boss also took my glasses away, and for some reason, was still smoking. Though, my vision could be a lie, but I'm pretty sure this guy has something attached to his neck. It looked more like a band-aid, but then again, why would you have a band-aid on your neck?

I squirmed in my position once more, as I was very uncomfortable. I mean if you were laying down, with your stomach touching the hard, cold floor, you'd try to get into at least a more suitable position rather than just laying there helpless. 

"So, Naomi, you're like their little Princess, right?" he says with his back to me. 

No, I'm the Fourth Musketeer.

Of course, I couldn't just tell him that straight to his face. I did take pride into being a Musketeer, but Jordan always told me that I shouldn't let people know that right off of the bat. He should just let them know that they were really close friends of mine.

And there's no lie in that.

"Excuse me?" I say, in an offended tone. 

I gotta put up an act or else they'll just see right through my bluff.

He chuckled, darkly. "You're just as oblivious as ever. No matter, in any story, whether it's fantasy or not, the heroes always care for their beloved."

He turns around, tapping his cigarette on his ash tray that was on the desk. He knelt down and faced me, holding my chin up. He did another puff in my face, making me cough a lot. 

Although this wasn't apart of my plan, I could see a bit more clear with what's on his neck. It's a square-ish band-aid patch thing, it was also blue. 

"I still can't believe you don't recognize me," he says, frowning. "I've known you for like forever,"

I wrinkled my nose, annoyed at this guy's knowledge of me. "If you knew me so well, you would've known that I am practically blind without my glasses,"

He said a simple "oh" before looking on the desk, seeing my glasses there. I rolled my eyes as he picked them up and gave them to me.

Oh yeah, my hands are tied.

"You must be the dumbest person on this planet, maybe you should stop smoking whatever it is your smoking," I say. His expression turns annoyed, and puts the glasses on me. 

It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust. I squinted a bit to let my eyes focus on my surroundings. 

Worn down building, the floors had weird brown stains that I am unfortunately laying on. There was the desk that also had a bit of broken wood on the edges, and the chair that could roll.

Overall, it's a very dirty room. 

"Sorry for the lack of luxury we had to put you in though," he says, acknowledging my actions, "It's only temporary, we just have to lure the Musketeers in."

My eyes quickly turn to him. His face looking at mine. The moonlight shone behind him, making him look dark and scary. 

Then it hit me.