Chapter 4 Pt1

Slaten was rushing down the hall of the palace. His brisk and determined walked went uninterrupted as Farrah walked behind him to keep up urging him to calm down.

"Slaten, please it is no use. Your father is not going to see things any other way. You will only make things worse. Please." Farrah pulled on Slaten's arm. Slaten pulled away but stopped and turned to face his mother.

"Mother, I know that you have stayed her with him because you are afraid. I came back here, to in hopes get things to settle down. For what? Pramlee snuck out of here and took off. Janus and Cora are gone. According to the rumors, Charity and Chance are in the dark realm. We all know he has connections there. Now he keeps you locked up here. Why do you put up with this?" Slaten hollered out as he raised his hands up.

"Going at it in this manner won't help. I am just playing the part and offer no objection right now. At least you know Janus is all right even if she is locked away. It just takes time. Please, do not do this." Farrah hugged Slaten. Slaten remained stiff and reluctant but managed to hug his mother.

As he pulled away to look at her he still had many other concerns. "Mother, what am I supposed to do? Stay here and allow Relic and Ridge go on without my help? I need to be out there helping them! Pramlee sent word that they went to the dark realm and now Luna is stuck in there. What do you think will come of that? They need her to communicate with Esmra. I just feel so out of touch here and worthless!" Slaten turned his back and ran his hands through is light brown hair. He turned around to his mother, her face flushed bright red through her pale skin as she began to cry. "Mother, I am sorry. I just do not think for a minute that he isn't up to something. For you I won't, but for now." Slaten said as he walked back to his quarters quickly leaving his mother standing in the middle of the hall way. She flinched as she heard the echo of Slaten slamming his door shut.

Farrah turned and continued her walk until she reached Warrick's quarters and she hesitated knocking when she heard voices shouting from inside. She put her hand down and leaned into the door where she could hear Warrick yelling.

"What do you mean? Brennan is a traitor! He left here after our trip to see the dark one and he told the others! I want his banishment! Now that we have Luna in the dark realm, Selena will have no other choice but to step back and leave things the way they are. The war she threatened at the council meeting is a farce and will not come to pass. I have managed to escape the trial Charity set out for me, among other things."

The other voice began to speak back to Warrick. Farrah continued to strain to listen to who he was speaking with. "Warrick, you have the dark one's support. We feel with Charity, Chance and Luna locked away with the dark one is more than enough protection. We have acquired Janus and Cora. The threats for you are minimized. Banishing Brennan away will only go to substantiate everyone's claims. The court has already made the judgement. They cannot remain forever. You have stopped casting guides away. By doing so the humans are slowly progressing into what we want. Their evil ways are there for the demons to continue feeding upon. As wonderful as this all is for us, it will not last. At some point we will have to go on and face Selena and take her out. You will have your realm the way you want it when you turn over the keys to the Hall so we may finish our work. This is not up for a negotiation. I am just warning you. Your time grows short and our master will have what he wants."

Farrah continued to listen through the door and she heard the sounds of footsteps growing near the door. She quickly jumped away and began taking a step toward the door to appear as though she had just arrived.

"What are you doing here?" Warrick snapped.

Farrah fumbled on her words, "Uh, well I wanted to see if you had anything else for me to work on? I have nearly completed the writings for the next council meeting. Are we still going to have that meeting with Brennan and Charity?"

Warrick shut the door behind him. "Yes why do you ask?" Warrick was suspicious.

Farrah stepped away from Warrick. "Oh no reason, I was wondering when?"

Warrick stared at Farrah and he had an eyebrow up. "I don't know that at this time. What else do you want?"

Farrah made an advance to open Warrick's door. "Well I thought I would go in and collect the journals for the meeting, you know the notes."

Warrick stepped in front of her. "You have not ever asked for them before, why now?" Warrick's hand in front of her.

"Well I guess I don't need them, it is just that, it has been a while and I worry I will forget to add something to the agenda."

Warrick slid his hand down from the door slowly. "That won't be necessary." He walked away without another word, leaving her standing alone.

Etheria was quiet despite the guides had been ban from watching over their humans. Many of the guides had remained in their quarters, many felt they existed without purpose. As the humans remained without the assistance of their spirit guides, things on Earth were at unrest. To most humans this was simply an indication of the times they live in.