Chapter 6 pt 7

"As I said, Orion will accompany the guides back to the dark realm. Siren and Lotus will make the journey as well. With Siren's fire element in opposition of Lotus in her water element will be protection in the face of the dark one when you deliver his answer to the riddle. An answer that he will not expect you to have guessed, or even come close. He will not be happy, and I can't foresee what will come of that realization." Selena cut her eyes back to the guides. "Karma and Echo must make their own journey to acquire the quartz sword. This sword is made of the purest of Quartz and it is the only thing that can kill a demon . . . and can be used to kill Warrick. Quartz comes from the Earth, however blessed by the keepers, the angels that reside in the Hall of Souls."

Relic was amazed at the many more new things he was learning about his own realm, that had been kept in secrecy. "Where is it? Why have we never heard of it? Why were the keepers keeping a secret?"

Talon who had been at the other end of Warrick's deception understood and said, "Relic think about it. Warrick is obsessed with power and control. He was willing to destroy families and lives in order to keep the illusion that he was in power. Many religions believe that there is a supreme being or beings . . . A higher power. Warrick couldn't stand the thought of it not being him. He is a demon, full of deceit and disguise and we simply believed what we were taught when we left our human lives for this existence. We were taught in the essence of doing right and for the good of humans we watch over, that we were it. That there were no other beings in the Universe that would see to it that prayers were answered, lives were saved, or peace could be made."

Talon looked down toward the ground while softening his speech, "The humans we watch over believe in that higher power as we did once long ago when we were human. Guides are simply the evolved souls of many lives that learned many lessons and made the choice to help humans. With every soul that evolves, it is with the hope that through that evolution humankind would evolve to such a state of enlightenment and for the betterment of theirselves. It makes sense that Warrick would cast away guides who were good. It was meant to stop the continual evolution of humans. We do not live forever. We were meant to die a guide death and return to the Hall where our souls could transcend again to a new life that is brought into the world. If he stopped that, then what would be left for demons to feed from? Nothing!"