Chapter 6 Pt. 5

Siren and Venus were the first ones to approach Esmra.

"Hello, Esmra, it is good to see you again...You know why we are here," Siren nodded to Selena who made her way toward Esmra followed by her trusted advisor, Orion.

"Yes, we do not need to waste any time on what I know. Good to see you here, Selena. I know that your trips to Earth are rare. I have been working here with the guides on this riddle, and during this time I received a frantic call from Tallulah. She said she and Aiden were on their way here. The guides connected with her and let her know that Luna has been kidnapped, that Raina has an arrangement with Pyro. Raina has been instructed to kill both Tallulah and I by this demon...I guess to bring favor to her."

Selena paused in light of some of the new information that Esmra shared. "I am aware of Raina and her ways, strangely though, fairies usually sense or know most things. Unless of course the evil influences come from a stronger demon, we may not. This is disturbing news...my daughter kidnapped, again in the dark realm and this human, a dark witch. The guides did tell me of the demon riddle from the dark one. Now that we are all here," Selena motioned to Talon, the fairies and the guides, "Let's put things together."

Everyone followed Esmra back to her table where she had been reading and attempting to understand the variables of the riddles that Pyro put out before Meridian left, as well as the most recent riddle from the dark one.

"It has been a couple of days and the dark one wants this riddle answered soon. As a witch and like many, I do recognize astrological references when I see or hear them." Esmra pointed to the riddle that she had written down on paper.

"The deceiver arrived in the time of new. Well that may mean a birth or an actual arrival, possibly. Or it may represent a season. That would be the spring, in the time of new. So, I wrote down all the signs that are of spring. They are Aries, Taurus and Gemini. The riddle stated, 'the sign is a part of a word.' For example, Aries is the ram. Taurus is the bull and Gemini represents twins. So, I went around and around with words that could be worked into the signs. 'Symbols run to and fro,' Esmra continued, "What really threw me was 'which way will margana go?' I was just stumped until I got the call from Tallulah telling me about Raina. So, it hit me." Esmra looked away from her notes for a moment.

"Raina runs a bar, we all know, and the name is an anagram, a reverse one. Nevoc spelled backwards is Coven," Esmra pointed out all the writing she had been doing to uncover the riddle, "Margana is the word anagram spelled backwards. But the demon said, 'which way will margana go.' Well anagrams can go any which way, at least I think they can. Now, another point is, if you see here, take her name and rearrange the letters. The letters in her name can also spell 'Arian' or Aries which is ram. Look at the word anagram. The last three letters are ram. It is Raina. Her birthday is in April, spring, the time of new. The sign for Aries is the ram."

Relic and Kieren stood at the table listening as Ridge and Talon whispered amongst their selves putting together what they could.

Ridge was taken back but relieved, "Well that is complicated but makes perfect sense."

Relic jabbed Kieren in the side, "Wow, the old crazy witch pulled it off!"