Day 4.5, February 3, 2019

Writing Prompt: It's been 15 years, but I still regret what happened at the lake that night. It wasn't supposed to play out that way.

    ****Trigger Warning****

It was supposed to be so simple. Water, rocks, and me. Now I'm back. God, I'm so stupid. Why did I trust that...that boy. The whisper of the wind, the pain of the water stinging my slit wrists. I like this. This feeling of letting go, becoming free. My mind flashes back to what happened that night. I was tying the rocks to my ankles on the side of my boat. I was in a hoodie, and jeans with my heaviest belt. With a pair of goggles strapped to my head so I could see the moonlight and the water combining while I slowly sunk to the bottom, slowly achieving peace. "HEY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! ARE YOU OK?". Squinting at the far away flashlight, I saw the outline of a person. Were they....trying to stop me? The silhouette jumped into the water and came closer.  He convinced me to stay alive. We started dating 2 years later. We broke up 1 year later. He texted me yesterday. He told me that I was a worthless, ugly, stupid tranny. Hearing those words was like someone breaking down a wall. So now I'm here. And you'll never see me again.  What is that? Is there seaweed on my leg? What the heck? Looking down I notice....A MERMAID.......?!?!?!? All of a sudden words flash through my head. I have a new purpose now. Hunt down people like him, and never let them forget what they did.