Visit

Once everyone was ready, they all stepped through the portal that brought them a few blocks away from the hospital Jack was in.

"Lets just try to keep calm, okay?" Marvin advised as the group walked towards the hospital.

"Where is Seán McLoughlin's room?" Jackaboy demanded loudly as soon as he stepped through the doors, Schneep smacking his arm.

"Are you all family members of his?" The receptionist asked, the egos exchanging glances before Chase answered.

"Yeah, we're his brothers." Chase lied, the receptionist nodding in response.

"If you go down the hall, take a left, then go straight, his room will be the first one on the right." The receptionist replied, the egos following her instructions.

Jack was lying in bed covered in white blankets with an oxygen mask over his mouth and the visible parts of his upper chest as well as his head wrapped in bandages, his heart monitor beeping steadily.

"There's so much damage done to him, I wouldn't be able to heal it all." Marvin whispered as he gently rested a hand on Jack's.

"Jack told Robbie Jack come back soon." Robbie whimpered as he hugged himself, tears shining in his pale blue eyes.

"He'll be okay, he has to be okay, everything is going to be okay." Jackaboy rambled to himself, running a hand through his hair.

"Stay strong mein friend." Schneep softly pleaded to the unconscious male, JJ rubbing the German's back in slow soothing circles.

"I want to find the guy that did this to him and fucking throat punch him." Chase growled fiercely.

"I was thinking murder, but throat punching is a good start." Anti remarked, earning a faint smile from the male.

"Robbie want Jack." Robbie mumbled as he lightly shook Jack's arm, the Irishman remaining still.

"What are we going to do? If Jack dies-"

"He won't." Jackaboy interrupted coldly, Anti looking at the hero.

"I'm just saying that if he does-"

"Just shut up already!" Jackaboy snarled, storming over to Anti with his hands balled into fists at his side.

JJ snuck out of the room and walked down the hall, stopping in front of the room two doors down from Jack's when he saw a figure dressed in a pale blue hospital gown sitting in bed hugging their knees through the crack of the door.

JJ quietly knocked on the door, the figure in bed rocking back and forth without even looking at the door.

JJ slowly opened the door to check on the person, their head snapping to look at him with a terrified look in their eyes.

She had short caramel brown hair that almost reached her shoulders and blue-green eyes that were rimmed red, the trails of tears on her face glinting in the light of the room.

JJ stepped inside the doorway of the room with a reassuring smile, waiting to make sure it would be okay to enter.

"J-Jack?" She stammered hopefully, hastily swiping her remaining tears with the back of her hand as she stood up.

JJ walked further into the room and hugged the girl, sitting next to her on the bed once she had calmed down.

"So-sorry, I d-don't like arguing." The girl apologized sheepishly, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

JJ started signing a question to her before realizing that she didn't know sign language, the mute looking around the room and finding a pencil and pad of paper on the table next to the bed.

Jameson grabbed them and scribbled something down, showing her the paper.

My name's JJ, what is yours?

"Oh, I-um, my name is Chloe." She stammered shyly, JJ tipping his bowler hat to her and earning a soft giggle in response.

"Are you a cosplayer?" Chloe asked politely, JJ nodding for simplicity's sake.

"Oh...who were those people arguing?" Chloe added, JJ hesitating before writing his answer down.

Those are my friends Anti and Jackaboy, we're all here to visit people like you so you know that you aren't alone.

Chloe read JJ's reply and smiled, her eyes shining with tears of happiness as she hugged JJ.

"Thank you." She whispered, the girl resting her head on JJ's shoulder.

Before long, Chloe fell asleep on JJ, the mute cautiously getting off of the bed and tucking Chloe in.

JJ crept out of the room and quietly shut the door behind him, an idea coming to mind as he walked back towards the waiting room of the hospital.

When Chloe woke up, sitting on the bed next to her was a brown teddy bear with a monocle, a note underneath the toy.

You are not alone, hug this when you're feeling scared and think of PMA. Sincerely, Jameson Jackson.

"JJ, where the hell have you been?" Chase questioned the dapper male as he returned to Jack's room where the other egos were still.

JJ shrugged in response, smiling as Marvin shot him a confused look before returning his attention to Jack.

"Excuse me, visiting period is ending soon." A nurse informed the egos as she popped her head into the room before walking off.

"Alright, I guess we'll come back tomorrow." Jackaboy murmured as he took one last look at Jack before leaving the room, the other egos reluctantly following.

Once they were outside of the hospital, Marvin went somewhere private from pedestrians and created a portal, allowing the egos to step through and arrive back at Jack's house.

"The hospital visiting hours start at nine in the morning tomorrow, so I'll be leaving then to visit Jack again. Anti, you're coming with me while the rest of you stay here and watch the house." Marvin directed, Jackaboy opening his mouth to protest.

"I'm taking him first because I trust him to keep calm, unlike you." Marvin interjected, cutting off the hero.

"Keep calm?! How the hell am I supposed to keep calm with Jack in the fucking hospital and I can't do shit to save him?!" Jackaboy blurted.

"Jackaboy-"

"Whatever, I'm going to bed." Jackaboy sighed wearily, going into his room and slamming the door shut with a bang.

"Okay, um, goodnight everybody." Chase muttered, going into his room while Marvin, Robbie, JJ, Anti went into their own rooms.

JJ thought of the time he spent with Chloe with a smile as he fell asleep, hoping to see her again soon.