Alone

The house was silent as each ego sat in their own room planning how to help Jack remember himself before they faded away, all of them occupying themselves with something.

Schneep was at his desk and researching amnesia, Marvin was practicing his magic, Chase was drinking from his secret stash of alcohol he kept in his room, Anti was absent mindlessly carving septic eyes into his wall, and JJ was lying in bed tossing his bowler hat up and down in his hands.

Marvin was the first one to leave his room, his eyes rimmed red as he quietly knocked on JJ's door.

The mute opened it instantly, looking just as tired as Marvin felt as he flashed the magician a weak smile.

"JJ, you're coming with me to visit Jack again." Marvin told him, JJ nodding as he left his room and shut the door behind him.

Just as Marvin made a portal to the hospital, Anti emerged out of his room and snuck through after them.

"You're Jack's creativity, so maybe you can create something that can help stop his amnesia?" Marvin thought aloud as he and JJ stepped out of the portal.

JJ paused as he glanced behind him, tugging on Marvin's sleeve to get his attention as he looked at Anti.

"Anti, what are you doing?" Marvin sighed wearily, the demon biting his lip.

"I wanted to see Jack before I..." Anti trailed off, closing his eyes as JJ walked over to the demon and hugged him before stepping back.

"You don't know when you're fading, or if you'll fade at all." Marvin pointed out.

"With Robbie faded, I think I'm next." Anti blurted, JJ signing something to the demon.

"Thanks JJ, I care about you too ya dapper weirdo." Anti replied with a smirk, JJ laughing silently.

"C'mon, lets go see Jack." Marvin chimed in, Anti and JJ following him into the hospital.

"Hey, um, I had a question for you two." The receptionist called out to the three as they stepped inside, gesturing at Anti and JJ.

"I know you're here to visit someone else, but I have some kids that want to see you guys. Is that alright with you?" The receptionist asked, Anti and JJ exchanging a look.

"Go for it, it's not like Jack's going anywhere." Marvin encouraged them, the pair nodding in response.

"Wonderful! They're waiting in the room down the hall, first one on the left." The receptionist stated.

Marvin left to go to Jack's room while Anti and JJ followed the receptionist's directions, stepping into a room where three kids were waiting for them.

One was a boy with shaggy brown hair and cuts lining his arms, his head bent over the sketchbook in hand.

The second was a girl sitting in a wheelchair dressed in purple with one blue eye and one red eye, her left leg in a cast.

The third was a boy wearing a black hoodie with black hair and blue eyes, the male fidgeting with his sleeves.

"You're here! My name's Violet, Violet Afton." The girl introduced herself, her face lit up with a smile.

"Henry." The boy drawing mumbled absent mindlessly from the bed he was siting on, furiously scribbling in his sketchbook.

"I'm Dylan." The other boy interjected, his arms folded across his chest.

JJ walked over to the boy drawing to see what he was making while Anti talked with Dylan, Violet humming to herself.

JJ sat down by Henry and lightly tapped his shoulder, pointing at the sketchbook without looking at what was inside.