Chapter 5 - The Order of White Lotus

Asami had a feeling she had just met the Avatar. Sure, it sounded ridiculous but, she had asked Tenzin once how to do it. He had told her it had to do with their spirit.

Korra wasn't his father Aang; yet, he sometimes could see his father in Korra. Wether it be in her eyes, in the little actions, the mannerisms. The way they acted. He told her once they found the Avatar, she could tell. There would be something in them that would remind her of Korra. And it did.

The girl, Avani looked at her the way Korra had when they first met; distrust. A spark of familiarity was between her green eyes yet, Asami could only see blue. She could sworn she saw Korra in the girl. She just needed to confirm she was a bender. Which would be difficult considering the situation the village was at

Asami rubbed her forehead once she felt the familiar pounding, knowing a migraine was coming.

Vydia sat next to her, "Miss Sato" She began softly. "Are you alright?"

Asami briefly met her green eyes before looking away. Vydia had been one of the people who got airbending abilities in the Harmonic Converse, easily adapting to the Air Nomads culture. She had Earth Kingdom and Water Tribe background, yet she was Air Nomad at heart. Her place at the Order of the White Lotus had been approved once she showed everyone she was an Air Nomad at heart.

"I think so" Asami answered in a murmur. Vydia sat patiently, waiting for Asami to continue "I think I found the Avatar"

Vydia's eyes widened slightly, straightening up "You did? Why haven't we met the Avatar then?"

Asami glanced at Vydia in amusement, sometimes she forgot she was still a young woman, at her 24, and easily excited. "I don't have proof. I just think I found her"

"Her" Vydia repeated, thoughtfully "The girl with the Fire Nation boy, isn't she?" Asami nodded slowly. Vydia hummed thoughtfully, "We should test her then"

"I don't think she's gonna come forth and tell us she's an earthbender" They heard Kanan said from behind them. They turned to face the stern yet kind man with green eyes. "For what we came to see in this village, benders are hiding. This girl won't easily tell us what we want to know"

Asami sighed, "And we're so close. I believe that girl is Korra's reincarnation"

"Then if you're so sure we'll have to find a way for her to trust us" Vydia told them

Kimiko and Kesuk walked closer, smirks on their faces "We have a plan"

Asami looked at them curiously

~8~

Avani for some reason wanted to keep an eye out on the newcomers on her village. Knowing the Order of White Lotus was among them made her slightly nervous even if she didn't know why. Almost bending fire one time didn't mean she was the Avatar, right? It was just a deception of the light that the fire moved along her breathing that night. She didn't bend fire at all.

Yet, she couldn't help but feel nervous as she walked through the forest, picking up berries for her mother's recipe. Her seismic sense had told her someone was following her but if she wanted to keep her act of being a non bender, she didn't have to react at all. She took the moment of kneeling to get a handful of berries to wriggle her fingers in the ground, slightly uncomfortable with her shoes to get a feeling on the surrounding area around her, briefly closing her eyes, sensing at least two people at her right and three at the front, almost cornering her. The weight on their feet let her know there was two males, one an earthbender - Ava mused silently- as they were always rooted to the ground, their source of power. The other three were girls, but if she hadn't been focusing, Ava could have said two. One of them was light on her feet, almost not touching the ground, only at brief moments.