Hell Train(4)

(Based off WEBTOON episodes #253)

Hell Train

"Cut the crap," Ayden said, his voice dangerous, "you'd think we'd buy that bullshit?"

"I'm afraid it's the truth. If he wins, he will be approved as a slayer candidate."

"Bastard!" Yuri spat, "who are you? FUG?" 

"Correct," the conductor confirmed, not bothering to deny her acusation, "I'm Pedro, the death eye."

"Is that supposed to mean anything?" Yuri asked icily. He narrowed his eyes for a second before composing himself.

"Let's make a bet," he suggested, "if the regular wins, I'll give up everything and let you meet, however if he loses, I want.....your lives."

"What?" Blake asked in utter disbelief. Asking for our lives, is he insane?

"If you refuse," he continued, "I'll kick you all off right now. However, fair warning, you might never meet again." 

"That's ridiculous!" Kai exclaimed, "We're not bet-"

"We accept," Yuri interrupted, accepting the wager. Don't let me down, Baam.

"What?!" Kai asked in shock, "No we don't!" He couldn't risk his life on a boy he had never met before. He turned towards Evangeline, hoping she would back him up. Her eyes were glowing with excitement, her inner gambler already itching for the wager. She was already on board as soon as Pedro uttered the words "Let's make a bet."

"Ayden?!"

"We're doing this fucking thing," Ayden cursed, he had gone through all this trouble to get on this fucking train, no way was he backing out now.

"But," He added, trying to make the wager more beneficial for them, "if we win, I turn you into fucking fertilizer."

"Blake!" Kai tried, pleading to the most reasonable of the group, "stop them!"

"If they're willing to bet on him," Blake said, "Then I will too." Kai sighed in defeat.