Chapter Fifteen: The Frightening

Chapter Fifteen:

The Frightening

I looked in the mirror, my long blonde hair was tousled from my past days adventures, my eyes a light grey-blue looked more electrifying then their normal dull selves. My shirt was torn and dirty, and my face was worn. It was then that I noticed I hadn't changed since we first started. It was just go, go, go. I asked my room for a change of clothes and took a nice refreshing shower. The hot water flowing around me, shaping around my body, felt so good. I took a deep breath and took everything into account. I had extraordinary powers. I could do things normal humans couldn't do. Did my mom know about this? Is that why she let me go so easily? Or did she really not care. Just then I sighed, I'd be fighting Seth today, my first friend in this new school, who took me in and introduced me to everyone and made me feel, well, normal, even for just a little bit.

I walked over to the washroom sink and splashed fresh, clean, cold water in my face. I didn't know what to expect, but it just felt like regular water brushing across my face like it did, back when I was normal. I looked up in the mirror, what had I become? A monster? Or was I going to be the good guy? I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a minute. The face staring back at me was not my own, it was some familiar strangers, the blonde hair past my shoulders sweeping across my face, the intense eyes. I looked at my face more and noticed a discolour arising; I had gotten a black eye from something I had done in the previous few days. I looked down on my arms, they were bruised as well, sighing I knew I would have to learn and accept that this is how my life was going to be.

Coming back into my room I flopped back onto my bed, exhausted. My eyelids began to get too heavy to keep open any longer and I started to drift off into a trance of nothingness. As soon as I started to see stuff, I noticed how much of a bad idea it was to fall asleep. I was lying on a table with my arms tied, in the all white room again. "How are you my beautiful, wonderful, Fawn." His creepy

Voice whispered in my right ear. I can not show fear, I made myself seem crossed and grunted, as if this did not concern me. "Why'd you fall asleep?" I could hear his shoes clink around the white room, and I could hear his sickening laugh. I squirmed but the restraints seemed to get tighter as I kept resisting. He looked at me and laughed again, "Mind if I ask you a question?" I grunted and glared at him, afraid that my voice would let me down. "What is it like to have such exceptional powers but not use them for their full potential?" He asked, and seemed genuinely curious to hear the answer, he leaned down and looked at me, his eyes as dark and cold as a winter night. I paused for a minute, thinking of what I could possibly do to get out, then I looked up at him, our noses almost touching, and spat in his face, whispering "Go to hell." He laughed again and I was enraged, but then I could feel my hands beginning to burn up. Looking down on them I noticed that the ropes had started to catch fire, my powers worked in these weird dreams. Coltons' laugh stopped dead in his track, and just for a moment I caught a glimpse of fear in his eyes. I was free within moments and he started backing away from me. I was so mad, my body temperature was rising and I could feel my hands burning out, the first time I had felt heat in a while, I looked down as I saw a ball of fire forming. "Like this." I said and with that a wave of flames went flying around me and hit Colton knocking him right off his feet, this was my time to flee. I decided to see what use my dream powers I had were, and I thought of waking up in my bed again, I closed my eyes shut and when I opened them again I was sitting in my bed, sweating. I looked down at my hand which hurt, and noticed that they were charred, like they had sat in fire, shocked I tried to squeeze them shut and let out a cry of pain, my powers had somehow damaged me. I heard footsteps come towards my door and within seconds Sutton was standing in my doorway.

"Are you okay?" He said with a look of concern, "I heard screaming and-" He stopped mid sentence, "What the hell is wrong with your hands Fawn! Are you burnt? How did that happen! Guys!" Within a few moments everyone was crowding in my room, and we watched as my charred hands healed back to their normal selves. Everyone looked mystified. I looked around and everyone looking for the answer, "I thought our powers weren't suppose to hurt us?" I was confused. "They aren't, what have you been doing?" Seth said quietly, still staring at my now healed hands. "I just washed off and then I went to sleep and I used them in my dream."

Everyone was quiet for a while, "So, you washed off with water?" Seb asked, and I nodded my head. "That's not suppose to happen, you're powerful then we thought, you're starting to build a resistance." He turned to the others, "Do you think she could be one of them?" they all stared for a moment, "What have we gotten ourselves into?" That was a good question, what had I gotten them into and what would happen to all my new friends now that I was with them.