Part 11

Andi's POV

When the kiss ends, I feel deprived. I wanted it to last longer. I wanted it to last forever. She adjusts her position, lying down with enough space for me to snuggle in next to her, and I feel the security of her arm around me, my head resting on her chest.

"You never said you liked me," I mention.

"Was the kiss not enough?"

"It was," I say. "I just want to hear it."

"I like you, Andi."

I can't hold back the grin. "Does this make us a thing?"

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

I lift my eyes to hers. "Yes."

"No." She smiles. "Not yet."

I'm confused, but I don't move. I like being next to her. "Yet?"

"You're a princess," she explains, "and that means you need a romantic movie moment."

"Okay," I say, feeling a mixture of disappointment and excitement. "But I expect a tiara to come from all this waiting."

She laughs. "Okay, Bambi. You can have anything you want."

"I just want you," I say.

She matches my gaze and comes in for another kiss. This one is slower, gentler, and somehow even better than the first.

"Okay," I say, satisfied with that answer.

______________________________________

Amber's POV

I step up to her door and sit the Bluetooth speaker down beside me. Light peaks out through the blinds in the window, confirming that she's home. I hold the flower crown I made out of roses behind my back. I had to cut the thorns off, which took some time, but it was worth it. Andi is worth it.

I press play on the speaker and the song starts playing.

Andi's POV

Bex shows up in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Hey, I think someone's here to see you," she says.

I get up off my bed and go to the front door. As I get close, I hear the song playing—our song—reminding me of the way it felt to dance with her in her bedroom, when it was just us and the music. The time I almost kissed her.

Amber's POV

As I wait for her to answer, I wonder if I maybe should've knocked. But then the door swings open, revealing a smiling Andi, and the worry fades away.

"Andi," I say, "I know this is a little overdue, but"—I pull the flower crown out from behind my back—"may I have the honour of being your princess charming?"

She smiles and tilts her head downward for me to place the rose tiara on it. After the crowning, she rises her eyes back up leans in to kiss me. We kiss for a moment before parting, keeping our arms around each other.

"I assume that's a yes?" I say.

She smiles and kisses me again, harder this time.

Then I hear an "aww" come from inside, and Andi and I both look to see Bex watching us from the couch.

"Mom!" Andi says.

"Sorry. It's just so romantic."

Andi reaches behind her to pull the door shut, then turns her focus back on me as she throws her arms around my neck and returns her lips to mine.