Part 1

Jade walked into the forest to go collect moss, she had done it hundreds of times, it was a simple task. The moss was for her parents, the village "healers" as everyone called them, the moss could soak up water for the sick to drink or be used as bandages to absorb blood. Jade searched every tree, her parents claimed that moss from trees was the cleanest, but she couldn't find any.

"Must have finally collected all of it." Jade sighed. She turned around to head back to the village when she had an idea, "The moss should be plentiful beyond the border."

Jade turned back and started walking to the "border", it was really just some marked trees showing the edge of their land. She instinctively stopped at the border, because the strictest rule the village had was to never cross it, but she took a deep breath and stepped over. Jade instantly felt off, like something or someone was watching her, stalking her.

"This place gives me the creeps." She shivered. Jade continued walking to where she could see the moss, she was right, there was tons of moss.

Jade collected as much moss as the basket would carry, "Geez, this thing is pretty heavy." She complained, picking up the basket.

She started back towards the border, moving slower than normal because of the basket's weight, when she could hear noises all around her. She picked up pace, but so did whatever was out here with her. She couldn't even make a noise as someone grabbed her and started pulling her away.

Jade started kicking and fighting with all her might, but whoever was holding her was too strong. She guessed it was a man, because of the build and hands. She was carried until she couldn't see the border anymore, then with a hard whack to her head, she was out.