Part 6

They rested for the rest of the day, Jordan luckily recovered to full strength. The next morning when they headed back out, Jade could barely handle the stone in her chest. She knew she liked Jordan, which made it all the worst to be leaving. The walked quietly, both in their thoughts.

"It's only been 3 or 4 days, but we've already escaped kidnappers (well Jordan only helped), crossed what seems like half the country, fought the wielder of light, and are now about to my village." Jade thought, feeling the sun's rays on her face through the leaves.

They walker for what seemed like minutes, but it was truly hours, when Jade started to recognize the land. "This is it!" She exclaimed, charging forward.

She crossed the border and looked at all the land, she hadn't realized till now, she missed so much. She looked at Jordan, who was standing about a foot behind the border.

"Are you coming?!" Jade enthusiastically asked

Jordan shook her head and smiled, sadly. "This is where we part."

Jade could feel her heart shatter, "W-what?" she choked out.

"I have brought you home, that is what we agreed on, now it's time for me to go." Jade could tell this was as hard for Jordan as it was for her.

Jade could feel the tears stinging her eyes. She charged forwards and trapped Jordan in a hug, Jordan wrapped her arms around Jade. They hugged for a minute, but for Jade it was too short.

"Be the best that you can be. And don't let anyone else take you again." Jordan said, tears trying to escape her eyes.

Jade wiped the tears from her cheeks and nodded, "I will."

Jordan smiled one last time before disappearing. Jade took a deep breath and turned towards the village. As soon as she was near it, her parents an some of her friends came charging to meet her.

"You're ok, and you're safe!" Both her parents exclaimed in unison.

She hugged them as tight as she could.

"Come, we will have a celebration for your return."

She nodded and followed, looking back on last time, letting one last tear escape.