Part 3

Jade had to sit down for about 5 minutes before she was able to come to her senses. "OK, I've calmed down, you can come get me." She said, almost yelling.

A giant horse then stalked out of the shadows, Jade could tell it was also made of shadows. She jumped on its back and it started running through the forest. She had rode a horse before, but this was something else, she could see its legs moving, but it felt as if it was floating. It finally came to a clearing, as dark as the rest of the forest even though the sun was shining right above it.

She looked at the one tree it had and saw a huge house in the branches. She jumped of the horse and walked up the spiral staircase, which felt like she was walking on air. Jade stepped into the door, the house was huge on the inside. It had a living room with three couches a coffee table and still had free space, a kitchen with a fridge, oven, microwave, and any other appliance that you could think of, she could also see some rooms, but all the doors were closed.

"You ready to talk?" The girl asked as she appeared out of nowhere, again.

"Yes." Jade simply said.

"To answer you previous questions, I'm Jordan. I control the shadows, you might know my kind as darkin. That cloak was made of shadows, you can see out of it but no one can see you. As I stated before, you are in the shadow forest. The girl explained.

"Well, Jordan, I'm Jade. And I'm sure you know I've been kidnapped. Now for my final question, will you take me home?" The room when quiet for a moment.

"Of course, but it will be hard." The girl said turning around and walking into the kitchen.

They packed some backpacks for the trip, mostly food and water, but some blankets.

"Your ready?" The girl asked, putting one of the bags on her back.

"As I ever will be." Jade said, putting the other bag on.

They walked outside and shadow horses were waiting for them. They both jumped on and started towards the opposite edge of the woods.

"You said you come from the Moss Village?" Jordan asked, not looking at Jade.

"Ya, what about it?" Jade asked, curiously.

"Well, I thought the Moss Village was protected by a border, how'd you get kidnapped?"

Jade could feel the shame burning on her face, "Well, I crossed the border to get more moss..." She trailed off, knowing Jordan could guess the rest. Jordan only nodded.